In a press release posted on the EU Blog, Sony has said that some PSN services will return this week, although the Store will be later.
Services up soon, then, include:
• Restoration of Online game-play across the PlayStation®3 (PS3) and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems
• This includes titles requiring online verification and downloaded games
• Access to Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity for PS3/PSP for existing subscribers
• Access to account management and password reset
• Access to download un-expired Movie Rentals on PS3, PSP and MediaGo
• Friends List
• Chat Functionality
They also talk about the increased security measures, including a new firmware which will force a reset and will require access to the email address for that account OR access to the PS3 that account was set up on.
In addition, Sony have:
• Added automated software monitoring and configuration management to help defend against new attacks
• Enhanced levels of data protection and encryption
• Enhanced ability to detect software intrusions within the network, unauthorized access and unusual activity patterns
• Implementation of additional firewalls
To tempt people back onto the PSN, Sony are working to provide some adde value and goodies. These aren’t concrete yet, but for those that like bulletpointed lists, these will be based around PlayStation Plus and include:
• Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon.
• All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service. Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service.
• Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity subscribers (in countries where the service is available) will receive 30 days free service.
It’s not apparent from the press release what the hackers actually got, we’ll probably never find out the exact details, but does the above satisfy you guys?
Let us know in the comments…