The PlayStation 3, at least in Japan, will see PS2 games coming in a regular fashion as downloadable titles via Sony’s “Game Archives” service.
Five games will be available at first, on the 25th of this month:
- Resident Evil Code: Veronica (Capcom): ¥1,200
- Kessen (Tecmo Koei): ¥1,500
- Shin Contra (Konami): ¥1,200
- Dragon Force (Sega): ¥800
- Siren (Sony): ¥1,200
They’ll be followed by a fairly constant flow of new titles, with the next batch already announced to include the following:
- Dead or Alive 2 Hard Core (Tecmo Koei): ¥1,500
- Castlevania (Konami): ¥1,200
- Dynamite Dekka (aka Die-Hard Arcade, Sega): ¥800
- Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box (Sega): ¥800
- Dark Cloud (Sony): ¥1,200
Japan already has over 700 titles in the Archive, although they’re mostly PS1 and PC Engine titles.
Source: press release, via AndriaSang.