Newsdesk

TSAtv Newsdesk #10: Gamescom, PS4 Launch Details, & Borderlands on Vita

Super Turbo Gamescom Catchup HD Edition.

95 days. That’s how long we now know we’ve got to wait for the PS4 here in Europe, and that’s just the tip of the news iceberg in this week’s episode of Newsdesk, live from Cologne.* Of course, there’s more PS4 and Vita goodness than you can shake a Magma Red DualShock 4 at, as well as updates on Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, The Sims 4, The Elder Scrolls Online, The Last Guardian, and much more. As ever, we hope you enjoy the show, and feel free to leave us feedback here in the comments, over on Twitter or Facebook.

*I wish.

1. freezebug2

Another great Newsdesk, there were a few items I’d missed during the week so it’s really handy being able fall back on the weekly NewsDesk for the highlights roundup. Top stuff ;)

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 19:11.
  2. Starman
    Since: Jul 2011

Whens the next games industry event that we can hope for a xbox1 release date? Anyone know?

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 19:17.
    • beeje13
      Since: Jan 2010

Tokyo game show, 19th + 20th September is the biggest, but I doubt Microsoft would have a big showing there, maybe they’d discuss their Asia plans.

The Eurogamer expo is the week after, in London, but it’s a smaller show. Microsoft may be there but just to show games.

I could be wrong though.

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 19:27.
      • Starman
        Since: Jul 2011

Thanks for the info. Maybe eurogamer is the next chance then. They’re leaving it late if they do, was really hoping it would be announced at gamescom.

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 19:47.
  3. DividSmythe
    Since: May 2012

Yet another great Newsdesk. Thanks for the update.

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 19:21.
  4. ron_mcphatty
    Since: Sep 2008

Lovely animations on the news desk, looks bloody sharp! And who knew there were other ways to pronounce Ico, I always said it eye-coh, but then I’ve never heard anyone else say it before.
    I didn’t put 2 and 2 together when I first heard the news about Games For Windows shutting down, I bought a mission pack for Microsoft Flight on Steam, bit worried it’ll vanish soon and not be downloadable in the future. I guess that’s digital distribution for you.

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 19:29.
    • bunimomike

I use to pronounce it like that but looked it up to make sure. It is, indeed, ee-co.

Great Newsdesk again, guys. Plenty happened at Gamescon so it was good for a refresher.

Comment posted on 26/08/2013 at 12:14.
  5. TSBonyman

I caught this on your youtube channel earlier, another excellent video crammed with all the weeks news.

Comment posted on 25/08/2013 at 22:05.
  6. KeRaSh

Pretty psyched for BL2 on the Vita. Will gladly buy it a second time. I recently fell in love with my Vita again when I played through Guacamelee.

Comment posted on 26/08/2013 at 00:21.
    • salvodaze
      Since: Dec 2012

Same here about BL2, except I’ll buy it for a third time. Friends and I were just thinking about how great this would be on the Vita, visually and oh my, I can’t imagine having that much fun on the go. Hopefully there’ll be a second round of dlc (which I think was announced?) so that we have some new content to play with when it’s out.

Comment posted on 26/08/2013 at 10:15.
  7. hazelam

a new Dungeon keeper. ^_^

on mobile. >_<

still, maybe this is also being made to gauge interest in the series.

i'd love to get a red Dual Shock.

Comment posted on 26/08/2013 at 14:13.