Sony has announced that firmware 3.10 is now available to download for the Vita, and it brings with it some major features including an increase in the limit of apps available to put on the home screen, a calendar, content manager for the memory card, and voice messaging.
- You can now display up to 500 applications on the home screen.
- A Calendar application has been added for PS Vita, allowing you to set up gaming events with your friends. Sync your Google calendar to have all your events with you on your PS Vita. You can also share your favorite events by using the Messages and Email applications.
- A new “Manage Content on Memory Card” option has been added to the Content Manager application. You can now view the data on your memory card, making it easier than ever to manage content on your PS Vita. You can now view memory usage by content type, and delete content and applications.
- You can now send and receive voice messages using the Messages application on PS Vita. Exchange voice messages with your friends and players on PS4 and PS Vita.
- Parental Controls will allow restriction to the PS Store and a system based on levels as been introduced. Each level represents an age group and you can set it to the corresponding level for your children.
- You can search for music on connected devices by using the Vita.
- Videos can now be sorted by size.
- In photos an option to rotate the screen automatically has been added, while a Freeform option has been added to the Panoramic mode list.
- Option to make Vita enter standby after 30 minutes has been added.
- Option to adjust daylight saving time automatically added.
Source: PS Blog