This month there are two possible choices for the Plus Points Challenge, since PS4 owners have been treated to not one but two games, with both PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate and Trine 2 available. Of those two, the game that most naturally offers a competitive challenge is PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate, so that’s what we’ll be focusing on. The game has received a lot of love from all corners – even I like it and I’m not the world’s biggest fan of indie games!
As we all know, Lieutenant Fatman can win the overall challenge outright this month by finishing anywhere in the top four, so we need a collective effort here to keep him as low down the month’s results as possible if we want the Plus Points Challenge to continue beyond this month.
This will be a high score challenge on the first level of the game called “Into the Abyss”.
How To Enter
- Complete the first level of the game called “Into The Abyss”.
- When the results screen appears at the end of the level, press the share button on your DualShock 4.
- Tweet the image of the mission completion screen to @thesixthaxis, making sure you include your TSA username.
- Top score will get 10 leaderboard points, 2nd 9 points, 3rd 8 points and so on. Everybody who enters will receive 1 leaderboard point.
- There are no restrictions on the number of times a person can enter this competition, though please don’t spam us with entries! Each person’s best score will count.
- The closing date for entries is 6pm on Sunday 29th of June.
Your entry should look a little like this, although hopefully with a much higher score!
- The bonus contest this month will be for a speed run on the same level, “Into the Abyss”.
- Enter this in the same was as the main contest – by sending the mission completion report screen to @thesixthaxis, making sure you include your TSA username.
- Again there are no restrictions on the number of times you can submit an entry for this but please try to keep them to a minimum.
- Closing date for the bonus contest is the same as for the main contest – 6pm on Sunday 29th of June.
- There are 5 bonus leaderboard points available for whomever submits the fastest time, though as usual nobody who finishes in the top 10 for the main contest will be considered for the bonus contest.
As usual all entrants this month will be placed into a draw and one random lucky entrant will win a £10/$10 PSN voucher.
Don’t delay, get playing PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate, master that first level, and send us your best scores and quickest times! Remember, we need lots of people to enter this month if we want to stop Lieutenant Fatman’s charge to the title!