Assassin’s Creed Unity, like so many games these days, had a pretty rough launch and has been the subject of some pretty unhappy gamers. Ubisoft announced today that they’re releasing another comprehensive patch that addresses just about every aspect of the game in some way. This patch does tweak with the frame rate a little bit, but Ubisoft also pointed out that another patch specifically meant to improve the frame rate is in the works for a later date.
The PS4 version will received this patch today, Wednesday, with Xbox One and PC coming later in the week.
The patch notes in their humongous entirety can be found here, but here’s the highpoint on crash fixes and frame rate improvements:
Stability & Performance
- Fixed numerous random crashes for both on Campaign and Co-op
- (90+ various low reproduced crashes)
- Fixed specific framerate drops
- Improved general Framerate on PS4 by lowering the priority of the online services thread
- Fixed FPS drops while Arno climbs on the RHP building of Palais de Justice
- Fixed FPS drops when in climbing and pressing the Left Stick towards somewhere that is not climbable in certain areas
- Fixed FPS drops in Sainte Chapelle
Yikes, 90 different crash fixes. Remember when games just worked when they came out? Me neither.
Source: Ubisoft Blog