DICE and EA have been talking more about Star Wars: Battlefront over the weekend so here is a quick round up of the latest news.
- The game will be set on four planets with numerous maps of various sizes on each planet. It had previously been rumoured that there would only be eight maps, just two per planet.
- The game will be set during the original trilogy, apart from the bonus DLC to tie in the with new movie.
- There are no space battles but you can can take to the skies and dogfight over the planet’s surface.
- There is a progression system but you will not be able to customise your characters.
- There is no single player campaign but there are “Missions” that allow you to play solo or cooperatively with bots on or offline.
- Split screen is only available in local (offline) co-op games.
- The game will run at 60fps according to the Battlefront design director.
- The game will not use Battlelog.
- There will be a “Deluxe” digital version costing an extra $10 that unlocks three weapons from the start of the game (rather than grinding for them) and includes two cosmetic “emotes”.
I think EA need to discuss some of these points further, if the PS4 and Xbox One can generate the graphics shown in trailer at 60fps and split screen then I shall eat one of my very fashionable hats. Come to think of it, if they can generate graphics like those seen in the trailer at 30fps and single screen I shall eat one my hats as well, I’m not convinced the final game will look anything like the trailer.
Meanwhile, Sony have also released a video of SCEA VP Adam Boyes piloting an X-Wing and unleashing his inner fanboy.