We’ve only a handful of days until one of the most anticipated games this year – that’s right, Just Dance 2019 is arriving this week! Surely Rockstar are taking a massive gamble in releasing their game on the same day?!
Speaking of Rockstar, let’s start the news with the ongoing 100 hour working week saga.
In the News This Week
- Rockstar Clarify Talk Of 100 Hour A Week Crunch On Red Dead Redemption 2
- Rockstar Employees Have Been Refuting The 100 Hour Working Week Controversy
- Rockstar Make “Mandatory” Overtime Optional At Lincoln Studio
- Days Gone Delayed Again, Now Out April 2019
- Black Out 4’s Operation First Strike Launches On PS4, Double XP This Weekend
- The First Elusive Target In Hitman 2 Is Sean Bean
- The PlayStation Store Halloween Sale Is Now On, Up To 60% Off Spooky Games
- Sony Have Fixed The PSN Messaging Glitch
- Classic Valve Titles Are Now Enhanced For Xbox Backwards Compatibility
- Reigns: Game Of Thrones Puts The Seven Kingdoms In Your Hands Today
- Elite Dangerous: Beyond – Chapter Four Launches This Month
Sunday Streaming Hour
This weekend’s Sunday Streaming Hour will feature Stefan and Miguel taking a look at The Generation Zero Closed Beta. Make sure to catch them at 5pm UK time tomorrow evening!
Games in Review
It was a mixed bag of scores for the reviews this week, but with this year’s COD entry taking the top spot:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – PS4, XBO, PC – 9/10
- Starlink: Battle For Atlas Review – PS4, XBO, Switch – 8/10
- Warriors Orochi 4 – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 7/10
- SoulCalibur VI – PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- Blind – PSVR, VIVE, Rift – 6/10
- Tyler: Model 005 – PC, XBO – 5/10
- Dark Souls Remastered – Switch – No Score
- Pinball FX3 – Williams Pinball Volume 1 – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – No Score
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
From the previews, Stefan had an in depth look at Battlefield V’s single player, focusing on how DICE are telling the stories from WW2. He also spoke to Franchise Design Director Daniel Berlin about the community, the live Tides of War service, and more. You can check out his Hands On video below.
Moving from WW2 to WW1 now, Ade’s Playing With History series looked at 11-11 Memories Retold, and he also posed questions to the Creative Director about the game’s impressionist art style.
Last up, guest writer Thom Hughes wrote about the Yakuza series and the focus on the inhabitants of Kamurocho.
Elsewhere, What We Played featured Black Ops 4, Starlink: Battle For Atlas & SoulCalibur VI.
Here’s the LEGO DC Super-Villain launch trailer
And Star Fox is looking good in the Starlink: Battle for Atlas launch trailer on Switch
Let’s see what happened this week for our TSA’ers:
- Crazy_Del smashed the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Platinum in about 80hrs.
- However tactical20 isn’t as impressed with Odyssey, saying it already feels “like a chore”
- JR. got the platinums for Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Spider-Man, and then wrote about his ‘raunchy’ experiences in Odyssey.
- MrYd dabbled in a bit of NFS Payback, Firewall, The Persistence, and Accounting+.
- TSBonyman was struck down by man flu (as has GeneralJeeb), but No Mans Sky and the Astro Bot PSVR demo got him through the week.
- And last up, aerobes has spent time nurturing his young Italian side in PES 2019.
If you want to be included in this section, make sure to comment on What We Played of a Friday evening.
The Week Ahead
How many of you are counting down the days to Friday?
- Gwent: The Witcher Card Game – PC – 23/10
- Castlevania Requiem – PS4 – 26/10
- Just Dance 2019– PS4, XBO, 360, Switch, Wii U, Wii – 26/10
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – PS4, XBO – 26/10
Enjoy the weekend and we’ll catch you next time!