It’s been quite quiet here on the TSA newsdesk as the American’s are having yet another day off for some reason, but that’s probably for the best as lots of news is happening elsewhere here in the UK. Here’s the non Honda/Labour news for you, including a recap of some stories from the weekend.
- Five Nights at Freddy’s VR: Help Wanted listed for PlayStation VR
- Niantic agree on a new system to stop Pokémon Go players trespassing on private property
- Dataminers uncover new game modes for Apex Legends
- PlanetSide Arena PC launch postponed until PlayStation 4 version is ready
- Fallout 76 Patch 6 previewed, increases Stash limit
- The new Detective Pikachu movie trailer includes cute Bulbasaurs and a gross Lickitung
- New Transformers game in production, tentatively titled Transformers Online
- UK Charts 16/02/19 – Far Cry: New Dawn is number one, Crackdown 3 doesn’t make the top ten
- Rainbow Six Siege: Operation Burnt Horizon operator, map breakdown
- Final Fantaxy XV’s Episode Ardyn prologue anime has arrived
- Amy will be returning to the Stage of History in SoulCalibur VI
- Julia and Negan will be available at the end of February in Tekken 7
Rainbow Six Siege isn’t getting a Battle Royale mode because not every game needs to be Battle Royale.
“No, I am not interested at all in a battle royale,” Rainbow Six Siege Creative Director Xavier Marquis told Dualshockers. “The genre is doing a nice job but it’s not Siege. The equation of Siege comes from reality, like real CQB operations; it’s always a group trained to defend a specific place and an intervening group trained to intimidate and defeat the threat. This is the equation of Siege. I think the battle royale genre is too much of a stretch and I’m not sure it will be a plus for the game. So, we’ll try different things but no.”
Amy has been announced for Soulcalibur VI