The dust has settled on E3, but there’s still plenty of news and previews coming out of LA. Elsewhere, it looks like summer is finally arriving in the UK this week, with temperatures set to soar. Perfect BBQ weather if you ask me!
In the News This Week
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel was originally planned as DLC
- PlatinumGames boss says that next-gen consoles are “hard to get excited about”
- Epic Games say they don’t make any money from Fortnite, which made $2.4 billion last year
- LittleBigPlanet voted the best British game ever
- Upgrade your Xbox Live Gold to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for just £1
- Latest Xbox Game Pass update to add Resident Evil: Revelations and Rare Replay
- Cyberpunk 2020 creator angered by criticism of representation in Cyberpunk 2077
- EA promise they’re not using their Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment patent in FIFA
- EA’s loot boxes are actually just “surprise mechanics” and “quite ethical”, thank you very much
Games in Review
After the hiatus for E3, the reviews are back and in stronger numbers! With four titles being awarded a 9 out of 10 this week, will you be picking any of these greats?
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled – PS4, XBO, Switch – 9/10
- Trover Saves the Universe – PSVR, Vive, Rift, – 9/10
- My Friend Pedro – PC, Switch – 9/10
- Cadence of Hyrule – Switch – 9/10
- Judgment – PS4 – 8/10
- Hell is Other Demons – Switch, PC – 8/10
- Mini-Mech Mayhem – PSVR – 8/10
- Super Magic Cane Zero – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 7/10
- Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth – 3DS – 7/10
This Week’s Features
Looking at the previews, Miguel kicked off the week by explaining why he thinks Cyberpunk 2077 needs some work if it is to live up to the high expectations, and also said that he can’t wait for the Final Fantasy VII Remake coming next year.
Tuffcub talked to Sea of Solitude’s lead, Connie Geppert about her personal experiences and those of her team that have shaped the game. Miguel returned with a look at Marvel’s Avengers, and was also impressed by the “sleek, simple, and super addictive” John Wick Hex.
It was a lonely week in the What We Played comments:
- Andrewww revisited Bloodborne, and quickly fell in love with it again.
- TSBonyman has been playing around with the audio-visual possibilities of Dreams some more.
- MrYd was happy to report that Firewall Zero Hour’s multiplayer is sort of working again, but that Honor & Duty has let some old bugs creep in at the same time. He’s also been making good use of PS Now for Sniper Elite 4, Prey, and that Adventure Time RPG.
- And also this week, Crazy_Del grabbed the platinum for Far Cry 5, as he looks forward to some Crash Team Racing this weekend,
The Week Ahead
Here’s what’s coming out in the next few days:
- Heavy Rain – PC – 24/06
- Devil May Cry – Switch – 24/06
- Judgement – PS4 – 25/06
- MotoGP 2019 – Switch – 27/06
- F1 2019 – PS4, XBO, PC – 28/06
- Super Mario Maker 2 – Switch – 28/06
That’s it for this week, I’ll see you again soon!