PlayStation 4 exclusive, Days Gone, has received a new game update from developer Sony Bend Studio.
Available to download right now, patch 1.61 makes some general improvements to the 2019 zombie bashing biker hit as well as some other mission specific fixes.
Perhaps the most interesting part of this latest update is how it will shrink the Days Gone game file size on your hard drive. Sony Bend has been working to optimise the PS4 title in such a way that it will eat up much less of your precious console’s space.
Although the size of the update download clocks in at a meaty 30GB, players are reporting that Days Gone has shrunk from around 60GB to 38GB – shaving off more than a third of its previous hard drive usage.
- The mission “Better to Light One Candle” bounty should able be obtained properly
- General optimization towards certain missions
- Scoring will properly apply when utilizing oxygen tanks in the “Reloaded” Challenge
- The mission “The Anarchist Spy” will properly reset traps if you fail the mission
- The mission “Out of Nowhere” helicopter’s light are been fixed
- General optimization prior to playing before the game fully downloads
- General improvements to optimization and stability
Days Gone launched exclusively on the PlayStation 4 last April and although it didn’t wow critics it has gone on to garner a loyal fan following.
In our own review we scored the game a fair 6/10, delighting in the game’s dynamic wilderness and grab bag of game mechanics.
However Days Gone felt weighed down and didn’t quite manage to match the calibre of recent exclusives such as Marvel’s Spider-Man, God of War, and Horizon: Zero Dawn. The story wasn’t all that compelling, missions quickly became repetitive, and there was way too much filler.
Still, we’re definitely curious to see if Sony Bend has a follow-up in the pipeline.