Not every game update needs to be full of new content, nor do they always need to revise huge tracts of game code to fix thousands of bugs. Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.4.2 has been released today, and it fixes just a handful of things that were known issues from the last few update.
So, without much further ado, here they are:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons 1.4.2 Patch Notes:
The following issues have been addressed:
From Ver. 1.4.1:
- Fixed issue where the “sumo ring” would not display properly.
From Ver. 1.4.0:
- Fixed issue where the game would shut down under certain conditions when dreaming.
- Fixed issue where shining soil would improperly appear behind buildings and other places.
- Fixed issue where specific message cards sent from animal residents the player is close friends with would not arrive in the player’s mailbox as intended.
From Ver. 1.3.0:
- Changed the MTU when playing with others from 1364 to 1240 in order to investigate an issue where players cannot play with others in certain network environments.
It’s been a busy couple of months for Nintendo, who’ve fed in a number of major features into the game through the two waves of summer updates. The first update added swimming, diving and sea creature collecting in July, but that almost pales in comparison to the addition of island backups, dreaming to visit other people’s islands, and firework shows of the second update.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons has raced past 20 million game sales in just a few months, the game chasing after the current best-selling Switch game, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Will it catch and pass Mario Kart by Christmas? It seems pretty likely!
- Animal Crossing Dreaming guide – how does the Dream Suite work in New Horizons?
- Animal Crossing – How to enable island backups in New Horizons
- How to go swimming and diving in New Horizons
- How to meet Pascal and collect the Mermaid DIY recipes in New Horizons
- Leif’s Garden Shop and how to plant shrubs and bushes
- Quick start guide to your new island life
- Bringing Isabelle to your island and upgrade the Resident Services Building
- Blathers and Museum opening guide
- How to help Gulliver find his communicator parts
- Daisy Mae and the Stalk Market guide
- Change up your appearance and outfit
- How to use Amiibo with the Campsite & Photopia
- The 10 best new island names for Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- How to import custom clothes & art with NookLink QR Codes