Animal Crossing: New Horizons‘ first Summer Update is here, bringing with it a bunch of new things for you to do, collect and people to meet. Pop on your wet suits, because we’re about to go swimming!
That’s right, as revealed last week, the first Summer Update, which takes the game up to version 1.3.0, adds swimming and diving, sea creatures to collect, and adds Pascal the otter as a new character to meet. We’ll be, um, diving into all of this with a series of guides today, but the most important thing to know is that you’ll first need to go and buy a wet suit.
This update will be followed in early August by Summer Update 2, with the announcement screen at the end of the trailer having a bit of a fireworks theme to it.
The patch notes are a little plain, and don’t really dig into the possibilities that the new update offers.
Still, here’s the update notes for Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 1.3.0″
Ver. 1.3.0 (Released July 2, 2020)
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.3.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- General Updates
- Players can now wear a wet suit and go diving in the ocean.
- Players can now catch sea creatures while diving, which they can then donate to the museum.
- Players can now encounter new visiting characters somewhere on the island.
- Nook Miles can now be traded for new items.
- New seasonal items have been added to the Nook Shopping catalog, available for limited time only.
- Fixed the following issues:
- The names of several fish have been fixed in Korean and Simplified Chinese.
- Addressed issues to further ensure an enjoyable gaming experience.
- How to go swimming and diving in New Horizons
- How to meet Pascal and collect the Mermaid DIY recipes in New Horizons
- All the Sea Creatures to catch in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Quick start guide to your new island life
- Bringing Isabelle to your island and upgrade the Resident Services Building
- Blathers and Museum opening guide
- How to help Gulliver find his communicator parts
- Daisy Mae and the Stalk Market guide
- Change up your appearance and outfit
- How to use Amiibo with the Campsite & Photopia
- The 10 best new island names for Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- How to import custom clothes & art with NookLink QR Codes