Curve Digital and Neon Giant have announced that the action RPG The Ascent will be released in 2021 for Xbox Series X|S and PC, with the game also coming to Game Pass on launch day. The Ascent will also be available on Xbox One. To mark the announcement Neon Giant has released a new developer walkthrough of The Descent which focuses on two player co-op. The Ascent will allow up to four player co-op when it is released.
Tor Frick, Art Director and co-founder of Neon Giant, said:
“Xbox Game Pass is an amazing proposition for us as a small indie developer with a team of only 11 people, because it allows more players around the world to experience our game. To celebrate this exciting news, we wanted to cement the game’s place in 2021’s next-gen line-up by casting light on what players can expect to experience at launch.
A list of features for The Ascent was also given:
- A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
- Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberwear, augmentations and looting
- An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play
- Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
- A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes
The Ascent was revealed earlier this year during the Xbox Series X Game Showcase. The story of The Ascent is set in the aftermath of the collapse of mega corporation The Ascent Group which controlled the aspects of everyone’s lives. In that new vacuum new organisations and criminal syndicates are vying for power. Players are fighting for the survival of their district and will also try and discover what led to the downfall of The Ascent.
Source: Press Release