The opening round of the Six Nations certainly delivered last weekend, complete with red cards and that win from Scotland which went into the history books. As an England fan I’ll be hoping today’s game against Italy goes much more smoothly, and I’m sure everyone is excited to see which France shows up against Ireland later.
Anyway, enough rugby chit-chat, let’s recap this past week of video gaming news on TSA!
In the News This Week
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart will be released this June
- Crash Bandicoot 4 is coming to PS5, Xbox Series X|S & Switch in March
- Six Days in Fallujah – cancelled Iraq War shooter revived, coming late 2021
- CD Projeckt Red has been hacked, release the ransom note they have been sent
- The Last of Us TV show casts The Mandalorian’s Pedro Pascal as Joel and Game of Thones’ Bella Ramsey as Ellie
- Skate City shredding onto PS4, Xbox, Switch, and PC soon
- We Are Legion: Rome is a first person action RPG where you play as a Roman Legionary
- Ubisoft could move away from relying on AAA game releases
- Grand Theft Auto V has sold 140 million copies, Take-Two have 93 games in development
- Steam Lunar New Year Sale & Epic Spring Showcase Sale are both now on
- PlayStation Store Big in Japan sale returns with up to 75% off
Games in Review
It was another strong week with some decent review scores:
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – NSW – 9/10
- Skul: The Hero Slayer – PC – 8/10
- Little Nightmares II – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10
- Persona 5 Strikers – PS4, PC, NSW – 8/10
- Rigid Force Redux – PS4, XBO, PC, NSW – 8/10
- Orwell’s Animal Farm – PC, Mac, iOS, Android – 6/10
- Conspiracy! – PC – 5/10
And we had a couple of hardware reviews looking at HyperX’s new products too:
Swiftly moving onto the previews, Dom hit it off with the ‘intoxicating and inviting’ demo for Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield. Emma, meanwhile, dove beneath the surface of Subnautica: Below Zero, as Reuben went hands on with Bravely Default II and shared his first thoughts, and Tef went hands on with the upcoming closed beta for Roller Champions.
Sticking with Reuben, he also examined the journey Street Fighter V has been on since its rocky release, and asks if it’s worth playing in 2021.
Wrapping up the week, What We Played featured Destruction AllStars, Bravely Default II & Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- willbuchanan grabbed the platinum for Phoenix Wright and now moves onto Far Cry New Dawn.
- MrYd can’t tear himself away from Hitman 3 in VR, but in between other games he finished off Control and got the platinum.
- Even after his 4th play through, Crazy_Del enjoyed getting the platinum for Miles Morales, as well as adding Concrete Genie to his cabinet and making progress in GodFall.
- TSBonyman has been continuing to plug away at the side missions in Cyberpunk 2077, even with a handful of unusual glitches.
- hornet1990 sprinted through the Star Wars Battlefront II campaign before moving on to Dragon Age Inqusition.
- Andrewww has discovered that he’s a total noob at Call of Duty Warzone (unsurprisingly), but is still enjoying himself.
- It’s been a Ubisoft one-two for doomsday619, with both Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Immortals Fenyx Rising.
- And Lt. Fatman has been enjoying Guacamelee 2 on PS4 and Iconoclasts on PS Vita.
Well there you have it. Enjoy your weekend and I’ll catch you next time!