The weekend is here, the sun is out and we now know there’s light at the end of the tunnel for lockdown in the UK! It’s not over yet though, so thankfully there’s plenty of sport to enjoy this weekend from Formula E to the Six Nations (well, some of it).
Elsewhere, it’s been a busy week in the gaming world, thanks to Sony’s State of Play and a few big Pokémon announcements, and the release of the Outriders demo, so let’s dive in.
In the News This Week
- PlayStation State of Play: Rewatch the Stream here! Including:
- Pokémon Legends Arceus coming in early 2022 to Nintendo Switch
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are coming to Switch in late 2021
- Sony announce the next generation VR system for PlayStation 5 with new VR controller
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 coming to PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Switch
- Anthem NEXT overhaul cancelled at BioWare
- Get Ratchet & Clank PS4 for free with returning Play At Home initiative in March
- Days Gone is coming to PC this spring, with more PlayStation exclusives to follow
- Gran Turismo 7 has been delayed until 2022
- Report: PlayStation 5 internal storage options arriving this summer
- The PlayStation Plus March 2021 games have been announced, including Final Fantasy 7 Remake!
Games in Review
It’s a somewhat quieter part of the year, but there’s still some interesting games coming out:
- Bravely Default II – NSW – 8/10
- Neptunia Virtual Stars – PS4, PC – 7/10
- Tohu – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC, Stadia – 6/10
- Fatal Fury First Contact – NSW – 6/10
- We Were Here Together – PS4, XBO, PC – 5/10
- Taxi Chaos – PS4, XBO, NSW – 3/10
And we had a lone hardware review, but for a really unique gaming accessory.
Turning our attention to the previews, Luke shared his thoughts on Dyson Sphere Program, which follows titles like Satisfactory in allowing players to become a logistics master. Stefan looked at PS5 exclusive Returnal, which is a “massive leap forward” for developers Housemarque, as you can see in his interview with them.
Following last week’s Nintendo Direct, Francis thought about the improvements they wanted to see in Splatoon 3, while Christian looked ahead to the 25th Anniversary of Pokémon and did the same for the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl remakes.
Last up, Nic looked at his mystic ball to predict which fractions will be the best in Total War: Warhammer 3, as What We Played included Guilty Gear Strive, Fights in Tight Spaces & Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- TSBonyman grabbed the platinum for Super Destronaut DX, inbetween notching up more hours in Cyberpunk 2077.
- hornet1990 met a fiery end in Dragon Age!
- It was more Far Cry New Dawn and Everybody’s Golf for willbuchanan
- After some technical issues, MrYd has been enjoying AC: Valhalla, a few PS+ games and earned the platinum for Astro’s Playroom.
Stay safe and I’ll see you again soon!