To enable the new Hitman 3 Free Starter Pack and the launch of the new Seven Deadly Sins DLC, IO Interactive has released update 3.20 for Hitman 3, and revealed some of the in-game events that will take place during the Season of Greed through April.
In addition to the new premium content, a Berlin Egg Hunt seasonal event will take place from today until 12th April, and a countdown is now visible for the first Hitman 3 Elusive Target. This will start on 9th April, when the Collector arrives in Dartmoor, and be available for 10 days.
Hitman 3 version 3.20 is live now – from 1PM UTC – across PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC, Stadia and Switch, with a 3.5GB update for non-streaming platforms.
The rest of the update is a significant set of tweaks, changes and fixes, which you can read here:
Hitman 3 version 3.20 patch notes
- Stability Improvements
- Requiem – H1 GOTY Access Pass provides the Requiem Pack.
- Trophies/Achievements – Resolved issues for Shortcut Killer, Dune Rider (Dubai), Full House (Dartmoor), Rich Harvest (Mendoza), Future Shock (Chongqing), Pure Poetry (Hantu Port). Discover Dubai and Discover Mendoza fixes are also implemented. Trophies/achievements should be awarded when the updated game is released.
- Framerate Unlocked – Unlocked Framerate option for Xbox One, Xbox One S and Xbox One X users can now toggle between a locked/ 30fps or unlocked framerate. Locked is the default option.
- Trinity Guns – Resolved an issue where a white, floating attachment could be seen on the weapons in the Trinity Pack (pre-order bonus)
- Leaderboards – We’ve resolved an issue that could cause players to see erratic leaderboard positions after completing a mission. In some cases, this would show players that they performed worse than the entire leaderboard, i.e 501/500.
- Default Disguise – We’ve resolved an issue that could cause 47 to start in a suit, even when a starting location with a forced disguise was selected. This could cause him to be immediately suspicious in some circumstances.
- Silenced Guns – We’ve resolved an issue that could cause the sound effects of the Bartoli 12G and the Shashka A33 to not play when they are fired by NPC’s.
- Wallpop – We’ve resolved an issue where the ‘Piercing’ perk was not properly displayed on the ICA Bartoli Woodsman Hunting Rifle Covert.
- Interaction Font Size – We’ve added more options for the size of interaction prompts, allowing players to choose from font size 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35. Choosing a larger font size may cause text to overlap in crowded instances, where multiple prompts are on the screen.
- Visual Fidelity – We’ve resolved several issues across multiple locations that could cause textures to ‘disappear’ at certain angles, where items would appear to be ‘floating’ or where positioning the camera in a certain position could cause Agent 47 to disappear.
- Silenced Weapons – We’ve ironed out a few inconsistencies with several silenced weapons. The HKW21 Pale Homemade Silencer, ICA DTI Stealth, ICA Tactical Shotgun Covert, DAK Gold Covert and DAK Black Covert were all missing the ‘suppressor’ tag in their inventory description. Also, the ICA Tactical Shotgun Covert was not being treated as a silenced weapon by NPCs. That’s changed as well now.
- Holster Audio – We’ve resolved an issue that was preventing the ‘holster’ sound effect from triggering.
- Normal vs Medium – We’ve adjusted the text on some of our ‘graphics settings’ descriptions so that they’re consistent between the game and the launcher. Medium is the new normal.
- Version ID – We’ve added an extra line to the settings menu to also display the current version ID of the game. This will help us when troubleshooting issues in development and with players.
- Where It’s Due, 3.20 – We have updated the HITMAN 3 credits to reflect the work that has been done since we submitted the game for release. We also correct a few errors and included new members of the team.
Location Changes: Dubai, UAE
- Drop The Body – We’ve resolved an issue where it was not possible to dump bodies off some ledges of the building in Dubai.
- Wait, what water? – We’ve resolved an issue where overflowing the sink in one of the bathrooms in Dubai wouldn’t attract anyone.
- Hold Up – We’ve tweaked the setup of the guard at the VIP balcony in Dubai so that he will enforce trespassing rules. Previously, he would allow 47 to trespass all too easily without consequence.
- Repetitive Repetition – We identified an issue where Carl Ingram would often repeat a line of dialogue when using the dictaphone, so we’ve resolved the issue where Carl Ingram would often repeat a line of dialogue when using the dictaphone.
Location Changes: Dartmoor, England
- Safe Space – We’ve resolved an issue where 47 could be spotted by guards that were outside, when he was inside the greenhouse in Dartmoor.
- Body Container – We’ve resolved an issue with some containers in Dartmoor where a prompt on the side of the container would allow 47 to ‘dump’ the body. He wasn’t supposed to be allowed to do it though, so the body would be launched into the air. We’ve removed the prompt.
Location Changes: Berlin, Germany
- Inaccurate Weaponry – We’ve resolved an issue where the description of the weapons carried by targets in Berlin was not accurate.
- UI_CONTRACT_FOX – We’ve resolved an issue where debug text would appear as an objective after performing specific actions in Berlin.
- Unidenitfied Target – We’ve resolved an issue that could prevent a target from being displayed in Instinct and their details being added to the Intel menu.
Location Changes: Chongqing, China
- This was the Silenced Version – We’d like to award Reddit user u/StealthyBastard94 the prize for ‘Most Entertaining HITMAN 3 Bug Report’ for March. Here’s how they won this presigious and unique award. We’ve now changed the description so that it no longer says that the gun is silenced.
- Chongqing Shortcuts – We’ve resolved an issue where unlocking a shortcut in Chongqing could prevent players from unlocking the associated challenges with all shortcuts.
- Chongqing Controller – We’ve resolved an issue that could cause inconsistencies in the ‘Controller’ Mission Story.
- Cover Up – We’ve removed a piece of cover in Chongqing that was floating.
- The Phoenix Discourse – We’ve resolved an issue where 47 could ‘hack’ a laptop in Chongqing despite not having the proper clearance. We know that’s the whole point of hacking, but it makes sense if you play the game.
Location Changes: Mendoza, Argentina
- Security Door – We’ve resolved an issue in Mendoza where an erroneous objective would appear in the menu after interacting with the security door terminal.
- Mendoza Contracts – We’ve fixed an issue where Contracts created on Mendoza would sometimes fail to load, depending on when they were created.
- Grape Box – We’ve resolved an issue that could cause 47 to get stuck inside a grape box in Mendoza.
- Security Consistency – We’ve resolved an issue that could cause some inconsistencies with the locations of the Head of Security and the Sommelier in Mendoza.
- Grape Pressure – We’ve resolved an issue where some bodies could not be contained within the grape presser.
Location Changes: Carpathian Mountains, Romania
- Mountain Range – We’ve resolved an issue that could cause lighting issues in the environment, including the water.
Legacy Location Changes: HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2
- Patient Zero – We’ve resolved an issue that was preventing the ‘Play Next’ option from displaying after completing one of the first three missions in the Patient Zero campaign.
- Hidden Pigeon – We’ve resolved an issue that made it very difficult to locate a specific pigeon in the Himmelstein Sniper Assassin map. We’ll quote the internal bug report resolution: “tweaked tree to unhide pigeon.”
- Beach Rest – We’ve resolved an issue where one particular guard on the beach wouldn’t react to an exploding truck. Lazy.
- Miami Zoom – We’ve resolved an issue that could cause visual issues when zooming with a sniper rifle in Miami.
- Stick Man – We’ve resolved an issue in Santa Fortuna where some trees were lacking collision properties and 47 could walk (or jog) right through them.
- Yoga Guard – We’ve resolved an issue where one specific guard in Mumbai would hold his weapon above his head, with twisted arms.
- Elite Guard – We’ve resolved an issue that was causing clipping on the hood of the Elite Guard outfit in Isle of Sgail
- Bank Mirrors – We’ve resolved an issue that made it impossible to shoot through the mirror between the conference room and the CEO’s Private Room in New York (The Bank)
Virtual Reality (PS VR)
- VR Crash Fixes – We’ve improved stability to resolving several issues that could cause the game to crash when playing in VR.
- Hokkaido OOW – We’ve resolved an issue where Agent 47 would consistently fall off the map when vaulting the railing on Dexter’s balcony when playing in VR.
- Flicker Issues – We’ve tweaked a few things to reduce the flickering that could occur on some of the rooftops in Berlin and some plants and hedges in Dartmoor when playing in VR.
- Measure Up – We’ve tweaked the measuring tape item so that it looks better in 47’s hands when playing in VR.
Platform-Specific Changes: Switch
- Frequent Disconnects – We’ve resolved an issue that could cause players to experience frequent disconnects.
Platform-Specific Changes: Stadia
- Camera? – We’ve resolved an issue where ??? might be displayed as a button prompt when attempting to take a photo, depending on the assigned button.
- Training Crash – We’ve resolved an issue that could cause the game to crash when progressing from the Guided Training to the Freeform Training.
- Crash Fix – We’ve resolved several issues that could cause the game to crash when performing various actions; shooting guards in Himmelstein, shooting plastic bottles in Dubai, when shooting a camera and a few other instances.
We’ve listed some of the most-talked about HITMAN 3 topics here to keep you updated on their progress. This isn’t an exhaustive list and will be added to over time.
- HDR – We’re investigating and working directly with players that have reported that the HDR implementation isn’t optimal on some setups.
- Shoulder Camera – Removing the option to change which of Agent 47’s shoulders that the game camera is located behind was intentional. This is now only possible when in combat. We’re aware of player feedback on this choice and we’ll share any updates here. This isn’t just a toggle that we can add back in, so it can’t be changed quickly.
- Audio Cut Offs – We’re investigating an issue that can cause the background music to abruptly stop playing during gameplay.
- Challenging Challenges – We’re aware of several players having issues unlocking the following challenges: Showstopper, Urine for It, Cleaning Up, The Gig Is Up, Electric Boogie, amongst others. They’re all tracked.
- Missing Mastery – Several players have reported that they don’t see the ‘Mastery progress bars’ in the menu – and that’s not a bug
(it’s a feature)it’s an intentional part of our UI design. We adjust the UI depending on the device that you’re playing on to give the best experience. For example, the mastery progress bars are intentionally not visible on Switch or when playing Stadia on a mobile phone.
- Black Mirrors – Players have reported that the mirrors in Alexa Carlisle’s office (Dartmoor) are displayed as black, when playing in VR and when viewed from a distance. This is intentional to maintain a high level of performance.
- Backlog: NPCs Ignore Toilets – We’re aware of a long-standing legacy issue where NPCs that are affected by emetic poison would prefer to use a bin/trash can rather than the toilet to throw up. We’re close to a resolution for this issue that will mean that affected NPCs will use the more logical and “challenge-completion-friendly” option more often. Stay tuned for updates.
- Your Issue Here – Once again, we want to end the patch notes by saying ‘thanks for your patience and for playing’! We’re sure that some of you will reach this point and be frustrated that an issue you currently have with the game hasn’t been resolved or acknowledged. There’s a very good chance that it’s already on our radar. We’ll continue to add the most-talked about topics into the Known Issues section of our patch notes as they arise.