We’re now week away from the hugely anticipated launch of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Ahead of the game’s release date, several leaks have revealed how much hard drive space you’ll need to clear on your PS5 console in order to install Sony’s latest killer exclusive.
PlayStation Game Size, a reliable source for PS4 and PS5 game install sizes, reports that the Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart download will require 42 GB of data (this is without a potential day one patch). Meanwhile PROSPEROPatches have updated their game database with a new entry for the Ratchet & Clank sequel, which shows the US version of the game clocking in at 39 GB.
Either way, PlayStation fans will be relieved to see that Rift Apart doesn’t take up too much room on their PS5 SSD. Six months after the console’s launch we’re already starting to see a number of big AAA games gobbling those precious gigabytes – Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War currently uses around 126GB with the Hitman trilogy at just over 100GB along with Destiny 2.
Rift Apart is the sixteenth instalment in Ratchet & Clank series since it debuted on the PS2 back in 2002, following on from the events of 2013’s Ratchet & Clank: Nexus. This latest instalment is already looking like a true showcase for the PS5. In the latest game footage, we can Rift Apart seamlessly transition between environments in the blink of an eye.
Here are more details from the latest demo preview:
- The Rift Tether is the name for the ability for latch onto dimensional rifts and kind of pull them toward him.
- There will be no load screens throughout the game.
- You can feel the energy of a shatter bomb fade away through the haptic feedback of the DualSense
- The adaptive trigger can be used to enable secondary fire with weapons. The Enforcer can fire one shot by half-pulling the trigger until you feel a bit of resistance, before then pulling it all the way to fire the second.
- This is a canonical continuation of Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, but can be treated as a standalone game.
- There are more dimensional rift abilities that haven’t been shown.
- The fast-paced dimension hopping will be reserved for when you chase after Doctor Nefarious.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart will launch exclusively on PS5 on June 11th, 2021. Having recently gone gold, fans can start pre-loading the game from June 4th.