It’s been another busy week, with great big video game reviews landing and the whole thing capped off by THQ Nordic’s tenth anniversary stream announcements. Didn’t hop online to watch? Well, we’ve got all the headlines in our weekly gaming round-up.
But first, we have to remember the passing of Sir Clive Sinclair, one of the visionaries of technology who had a profound impact on both computing and gaming. His legacy will not be forgotten anytime soon.
In the News This Week
From the THQ Nordic anniversary stream, we had six new game announcements:
- Destroy All Humans! 2 Reprobed officially announced for PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC
- Outcast 2: A New Beginning announced by THQ Nordic
- MX vs. ATV Legends announced at THQ Nordic Anniversary stream
- SuperPower 3 has been announced
- Jagged Alliance 3 announced for PC
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake revealed
And from the rest of the industry?
- PS5 system update for SSD support & more goes live tomorrow
- Nintendo Switch gets Bluetooth audio support in latest system software update
- Wipeout Rush is a mobile card-based racer…
- Sherlock Holmes Chapter One will release on 16th November
- God of War: Ragnarok will end the Norse story arc, because the games take so long to make
- Battlefield 2042 release date delayed to November – open beta details coming soon
- Razer has made some sleeves for your sweaty thumbs
- Dying Light 2 Stay Human, Total War: Warhammer 3, and Rocksmith+ have all been delayed to 2022
Games in Review
It’s been a long time in the making and one of countless games that has been delayed time and time again over the last year and a half, but it seems like Deathloop has been well worth the wait.
- Deathloop – PS5, PC – 10/10
- Young Souls – Stadia, PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC – 9/10
- Lost in Random – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 7/10
- Bus Simulator 21 – PC – 7/10
- El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron – PC – 6/10
- Lost Judgment – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO – Review in Progress
Stepping away from the reviews, this weekend is hosting the first completely open beta for Call of Duty: Vanguard on PlayStation – Xbox and PC are still in the ‘early access’ stage until next weekend. Jim dove in to see what’s new and different for this entry.
With last week’s reveal of God of War: Ragnarok, there were quite a few people online complaining that Thor’s character design was too far or unrealistic. So, is God of War’s Thor too fat? We ask a World Record holding thicc boy to find out.
Aside from that, Ade dug into the God of War: Ragnarok trailer to find all its mythological secrets.
Jim opined last weekend that you should be playing Ghost of Tsushima: Legends Rivals, and we closed out the week as always with What We Played, which featured Deathloop, Lost Judgment and Call of Duty: Vanguard.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- MrYd made a start on Tales of Arise, which is an impressively made game that he’s sure will keep him going for a very long time.
- Andrewww sprinted through another Telltale game from his backlog: The Walking Dead! Sticking with zombies, he went back to Dead Nation on PS4 between speedrun attempts on Astro’s Playroom on PS5.
- TSBonyman compleed The Raven Remastered, continued the latest No Man’s Sky expedition, and is started to wrap his brain around Deathloop’s mechanics and premise.
- willbuchanan has been playing “Oh no, I’m redoing my kitchen and it’s a massive job!” That gave him a good excuse to go out to a gaming bar, where he got the chance to try a PS5 in real life. He’s still got too much of a PS4 backlog to try and hunt one down to buy though.
That’s it for this week’s gaming round-up. As always, have fun at home, stay safe if and when you’re out, and we’ll see you next week.