With Gran Turismo 7’s June update – Patch 1.17 – Polyphony Digital has added something a little bit different to the GT Café that acts as a hub for the game’s main single player. Gran Turismo 7 Extra Menus are a new twist on the Menu Books that you completed to reach the game’s end credits.
What are Gran Turismo 7 Extra Menus?
When I say they’re a new twist, I really mean it. Extra Menus are identical to many of the regular Menu Books in that they task you with collecting three specific cars that have been grouped together by manufacturer, car family or theme, and then hands you a reward car or roulette ticket at the end. The difference? There’s no prescribed World Circuit events unlocked to help you complete them.
How do you unlock and complete the GT7 Extra Menus?
The Extra Menus are unlocked by completing Menu Book 39 – Championship: World GT Series – and having watched the end credits. After that point, if you have a Collector’s Level of 20, you’ll get the first two, and a Collector’s Level of 32 for the third.
So how do you go about collecting these three cars? Well, if you’ve been playing since launch, you will already have picked up some or all of these cars – some are even rewards for the main Menu Books! If you’ve not snagged them all just yet, then it’s a case of checking the Used Car Dealership regularly to see if any of them have landed in a stock update. Sadly, you cannot wishlist the cars from the Extra Menus, and must manually check the UCD for them.
Gran Turismo 7 Extra Menus
Extra Menu No. 1: ‘Collection: Toyota 86’
After Collector’s Level 20
- Toyota Corolla Levin 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) ’83 – acquired in Menu Book 10
- Toyota 86 GT ’15
- Toyota GR86 RZ ’21
Reward: 4-Star Roulette Ticket
Extra Menu No. 2: ‘Collection: Honda Type R’
After Collector’s Level 20
- Honda Civic Type R (EK) ’98 – acquired in Menu Book 5
- Honda Integra Type R (DC2) ’98 – acquired in Menu Book 5
- Honda NSX Type R ’92
Reward: Honda NSX Gr.B Rally Car
Extra Menu No. 3: ‘Collection: Rotary Engine’
After Collector’s Level 32
- Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) ’90 – acquired as Gold Reward for Mission Challenge – Beyond the Horizon
- Mazda RX-7 Spirit R-Type A (FD) ’02
- Mazda RX-8 Spirit R ’12
Reward: 6-Star Roulette Ticket (Engine)
Those are all the Extra Menus in GT7 as of June 2022, but expect Polyphony to add more of these to the game over time. We’ll update this list with new Extra Menus whenever they appear.
More Gran Turismo 7 Guides from TheSixthAxis
- How to unlock Gran Turismo 7 multiplayer and Sport mode
- Gran Turismo 7 – What are Meeting Places and how to find them in the menus
- What GT7 tracks support night racing and 24h day-night cycle?
- What Gran Turismo 7 tracks have wet weather racing?
- How does Music Rally feature in Gran Turismo 7?
- Gran Turismo 7 – PS5 vs. PS4 performance comparison, and what about the ray tracing?