Infamous 2: Cole Changing Back

Back once again to renegade biker.

inFamous (anti)hero Cole will be reverting from his new sleek boy band look back to something a bit more rugged and inFamous-ish. Apparently Cole was changed as people did not like the original character and appears that people liked the new tattooed, bequiffed studly hunk even less.

I can’t tell you exactly what he looks like, but I can tell you he looks more like the person we played as in the original Infamous and less like the man who was in all of those E3 screens and videos.

Which do you prefer? Boy band Cole with his lovely hair, Mirrors Edge style tattoos and younger appearance, or Messenger Cole with his cropped hair, stubble and clothes by TK Maxx?

Source: IGN

1. TafKas
    Since: Oct 2008

The original Cole was fine if you ask me, why do we have to have stereotypical catalogue model characters in games? Whats wrong with the everyman look anyway?

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 10:48.
    • TheRook21
      Since: Sep 2008

Why not have the two skins…

Have original cole if your evil and new cole if your a nice boy ;)

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 11:15.
      • Apnomis
        Since: Sep 2009

Is the Good/Evil appearance thing still present in the 2nd game, they haven’t mentioned anything about it so far?

I’m glad they’ve changed it back though, the new model just didn’t look right – I’m sure they can compromise between the two, like shaving his head for a start.

I would imagine that the new boyband version of Cole would be an unlockable bonus skin, afterall he looked pretty complete so it would be a shame not to include it as a bonus feature…

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 11:23.
      • fps_d0minat0r

instead of 2 skins, why not let us make our own character like in an rpg?
        the unlocks system, npc’s, collectables (shards) all look like their from an rpg anyway.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 11:26.
      • DRCD1

Because Cole is Cole, not random RPG guy no. 1864.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 12:00.
      • fps_d0minat0r

spoiler alert!
        yeah but theres no importance of cole looking a certain way.
        kessler looked totally different anyway.

Comment posted on 24/07/2010 at 10:07.
    • benny boy

It wasn’t really an everyman look either though with the original Cole. He was one of the most generic characters I’ve ever seen. I want them to get a mix between the two.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 18:35.
  2. the_greeze

Good. The ‘new’ Cole looked daft. I much prefer the original look.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 10:49.
    • Mickey2010
      Since: Jan 2010

Agreed! hated the new look he looked like a wanna be JLS member

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 13:52.
      • Shakugan
        Since: Mar 2010

Or wanna be Nathan Drake and Hale.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 17:55.
      • seedaripper1973

Er…JLS are all black?

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 19:39.
      • Mickey2010
        Since: Jan 2010

And whats that got to do with anything? still got that boy band look!

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 23:10.
  3. sanmartinez

I’ll go with the original Cole, it’s just better to continue with the same guy

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 10:51.
    • sabbat7001
      Since: Jun 2010

Agreed. There was nothing ‘wrong’ with the new Cole per se but it just didn’t seem to make any sense. They might as well have just come up with an entirely new character because love him or hate him the original Cole is who players are familiar with. I would support a little toning down of the the Batman/Rorschach voice though.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 15:39.
  4. eirekun
    Since: Sep 2009

Yippee, the new Cole looked lovely ‘n all but not all superheroes need to be super-pretty.
    TK Maxx, for shame, you just wanted those new trousers :-)

p.s. Wonder if they’re changing the voice too but I guess that’s all recorded by now.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 10:52.
    • DRCD1

I remember that with MW2 they had a programmer to do Soap’s voice for E3, in the mission Cliffhanger. It coukd be the same situation with Cole’s voice, but I doubt it, since I think I read somewhere that they only changed his look because they wanted him to be more athletic, and therefore they needed a new actor for mo-cap, and then decided to have him do the voice work. I’m not 100% sure, though.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 12:04.
  5. Forrest_01

Original Cole, Original Cole, Original Cole – There, i said it!

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 10:52.
  6. coolgr33k

Yessss! The rough cole could be back! I dont want some guy who looks like hes on the advert advertising the new LYNX or something! I want a guy who looks like hes ready to kill!

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 10:53.
  7. teflon
    Community Team

I honestly don’t mind.
    From the point of consistency, the original, for listening to their audience, the new one, for failing to block out the incessant whining of people who’re never happy with anything, old cole, new voice…

*sigh*

I suppose this averages out as a good thing.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 10:55.
    • bunimomike

Whilst I appreciate it’s not the same sized franchise it would’ve been like changing how Solid Snake looked, sounded, etc. Sure, age him, evolve him… but don’t swap the main character out when so many people have loved the first game and become fond of the character we’ve used for so many gaming-hours.

The masses have spoken and a games company has listened. Rejoice!

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 11:26.
      • eye8have9you3

Evolve him, thats exactly right. In the first he had been stuck in a quarantined city for like 2 weeks before the game even started so he was gonna look a bit worse for wear. Now that he’s out of empire city, sure clean him up a bit but make sensible changes. I dunno how long the gap between the two games will be but he can’t have grown all that hair that quick

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 11:34.
      • DRCD1

I’m going to say 6 months, during that time Cole did research on the First Sons, Kessler, to sse if he real was who he said he was, and the beast, and decided to grow hair because he loved the hair of the charachter of his favorite videogame, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 12:11.
      • Shakugan
        Since: Mar 2010

He can’t even go to shower.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 17:58.
  8. Bodachi
    Since: Jan 2010

Well I think its a a shame to change a character that everyone grew attached to. I’m not that bothered about the new voice just they seemed to add every random tattoo to the new Cole.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 10:58.
  9. ericzap
    Since: Apr 2010

Seems like Sucker Punch really cares about what it’s fanbase has to say.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 10:58.
    • gurglesletch

That’s a good thing.

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 18:59.
  10. BigCheese

I’m glad they’re changing him back, I preferred the old Cole, but the new whiny voice is still going to be there, isn’t it? :(

Comment posted on 23/07/2010 at 11:04.