Skyrim DLC Timed 360 Exclusive

30 days of exclusive DLC.

Uh oh, it seems like Microsoft is up to old tricks again. The Xbox builders have just gotten in touch to let us know that November’s huge Bethesda release of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be bringing its DLC content to Xbox Live for a 30 day exclusivity period.

So, that sounds like bad luck for PS3 and PC fans of the fantasy action RPG series, although some might see it as a positive that 360 players will be first to encounter any potential difficulties with the content.

Source: Press Release

1. gideon1451

To be expected, to be honest. Todd Howard has said before that he prefers Xbox.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:32.
  2. mynameisblair
    hisnameisblair

Sigh. And I’m getting it on PC… at least I’ll have mods to keep me company.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:32.
    • The Lone Steven
      Never heard of him.

If your PC is powerful enough to run it that is.:p I have heard rumours that the PS3 version will allow players to download mods. :D So hopefully it is true and then i can bug you to make some mods. :)

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:46.
      • gideon1451

They’ve said again & again that they’d love to do on console mods, but it’s just too difficult at the moment :/

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 16:02.
    • gideon1451

Me too. The Elder Scrolls is the only reason I update my computer [hardware], haha.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 16:03.
      • Severn2j

Me three.. And to be honest, I’m not overly bothered by this news, I gave up on DLC quite early on.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 17:09.
      • Sevchenko
        Since: Mar 2009

Why update for Elder Scrolls? They’re not exactly pushing the envelope technologically speaking. A decent modern PC will probably run it with ease

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 17:22.
      • colmshan1990
        Since: Apr 2009

Haha.
        Put it this way- my laptop struggles to run Portal.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 17:32.
  3. Smallville2106
    Since: Feb 2011

Really don’t see the point of 30 day exclusives. 30 days is nothing and I personally don’t care or mind waiting for it.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:32.
    • Youles
      Since: Feb 2011

Agreed.

I think it’s funny how much Microsoft might be paying for this. 100 days wouldn’t make be buy an Xbox over a PS3 (not bitching – just my preference) so 30 days is no big deal. If people decide what console to buy based on a timed exclusive, then they want shooting. If I owned both consoles, I would buy it on which ever console it seemed better, or what my friends had….not because of 30 days earyl DLC.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:41.
    • KeRaSh

I think this is not a move to make people buy a 360. It’s rather to convince those fans with multiple consoles at home to get the 360 version.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 16:04.
      • Youles
        Since: Feb 2011

As I said I can’t imagine this would sway them though. They might buy it on XBox if the game is better, or their friends all play on XBox, but don’t think the early exclusive is that much of a reason. For a start a lot of big games are on multiple discs on XBox so that’s a reason in itself to buy the PS3 version….in my opinion. :)

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 16:45.
      • Crocadillian
        Since: Feb 2011

My highest priority for console purchases is based on manufacturer retardism, like this fine piece of ‘marketing':

PS3 – 20 games, all new (and many DL ones, big and small)
        Xbox 360 – 13 games, most of which are pre-owned

…but thats just me :3

Comment posted on 02/09/2011 at 13:58.
  4. Jimster71

A whole extra 30 days of Horse Armour – W00t!

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:33.
  5. The Lone Steven
    Never heard of him.

The freaking game is not even out yet! I hate it whenever DLC is annouced or is being planned before the game is out. :( Oh well, at least the game will be huge. :D

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:36.
    • bacon_nuts
      Since: Mar 2011

agreed, it really annoys me. Dirt 3 did the same, spaces for unreleased DLC in the game. Make me angry.

Comment posted on 28/08/2011 at 16:51.
  6. moshi

Not much to kick up s fuss about really.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:38.
  7. R4U Eldave0
    andUandU

I think more importantly, the 360 version won’t be a bug filled mess on day of release. Now THATS an exclusive feature, judging by the last few Bethesda titles on the PS3 ;)

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:39.
  8. Topgearsam

I don’t really see the point in this, a 30 day exclusive isn’t really going to convince me to get it on 360, so I’m still getting it on ps3. I just hope the dlc isn’t as short as the fallout dlc and more like the huge expansions Oblivion got.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:40.
  9. SpikeyMikey23

Does anyone have any info on any special editions of skyrim. The mrs put over 200 hours into oblivion. She’s a big fan. I on the other hand, am not ;)

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:45.
    • hazelam

just the collectors edition.
      it comes with a plastic dragon statue.

it’s bloody expensive though.
      UK (£129.99), Europe (€149.99)
      you can probably find it cheaper if you shop around, but it’s still way too expensive for a plastic statue.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:54.
      • SpikeyMikey23

Thank you for that. Safe to say she wont be interested in it. Ill just buy her some MS points so she can buy the DLC when it comes out.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:58.
      • R4U Eldave0
        andUandU

I’m a sucker for things like this but I now buy said game normally for about £35 and then pick up the figurine on ebay for about £15-20. Artbooks and dlc don’t really interest me so… :)

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:58.
      • MayContainEvil
        Since: Feb 2011

Here in Australia if you pre-order it you get everything from the CE except the dragon for the normal price, do you guys get anything like that?

Comment posted on 27/08/2011 at 04:59.
  10. yogh_wayne
    Since: Oct 2008

30 days? Haha, I must go and buy a Xbox right now to play that DLC earlier. Go and invest your money in developing games for a change, MS!

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 15:46.
    • jcor

Agreed, I’d imagine most 360 owners would rather Microsoft put some money in to funding a few new exclusive titles rather than paying for 30 days exclusive access to DLC.

Comment posted on 26/08/2011 at 16:01.