You might not mind having to download a 600MB patch, but we do. And it’s not like this is the first – there was already one not five days ago. At the time we had drafted up a bit rant about the whole thing, furious that the game had seemingly shipped unfinished and needing a massive patch just to get it up to speed.
We remember thinking “that’s not a patch, it’s a CD ROM”.
We dropped it, though, assuming that the disk we had was early code, and the patch was just for reviewers who had the game so early. This wasn’t the case, of course, anyone with a retail disk during the week faced the same download.
Some of us here are getting bored of this whole process now. It seems unique to the PS3 (at least in terms of how long and massive these patches are) and it’s a terrible example of what the console can do – and, at first glance, seems that something only Sony’s first and second parties can get away with.
GT5, Everybody’s Golf and there are certainly others that seem happy to require huge downloads, and regularly.
Regardless, here’s what was fixed in 1.01, and what’ll be fixed in 1.02 when you download the patch.
– Wardens will clip through the sides of the train as they are jumping aboard
– Some syncing issues (rubber banding and stuttering in online coop)
– Authority player does not see certain intels already unlocked in game when playing with someone who has nothing unlocked (Most fixed)
– In Mine Town Train, the non-authority player will load off the train when authority player quickly selects and loads into a checkpoint.
– In Mine Town Train, the non-authoring players spawns outside the train when loading into MTT for the first time after installing.
– A progression stopper can occur when Lester does not hand the Marksman to the players before entering the Junkyard.
– Charlie will not progress from the Palace checkpoint if player runs ahead of him all the way through from the start of the CHASE checkpoint.
– Custom control layout names will chance into text strings after installing the gold patch.
– Crash when using voice chat in staging.
– Matchmaking Fix
– Sometimes first around of game will immediately end in a draw, the second round will continue without problems.
– General Lag / matchmaking issues will continue to be addressed with server optimizations, though you should generally have a clean experience.
– Players should no longer get into “dead” games that don’t operate correctly
– Improvement in framerate/lag
– Matchmaking fixes
– Fewer players floating / clipping through environment
– Fix for freezing/crashing issues if you join a game as it is ending
– Can no longer leave party while in a co-op game (was causing a crash)
– Party fixes dealing with multiple invites, co-op
– Some SFX in St. Louis have been cleaned up
– Broadway map now loads games correctly
– Fixed issues when late-joining a campaign co-op game
– Multiple fixed issues on Chapter 13 in co-op
– Female voice over will now play for female skins in MP
– Player using Hazmat ability will no longer appear to catch fire or freeze
– Other various lobby, menu, co-op and multiplayer fixes
Our 8/10 review of Resistance 3, which launches today, is here.