Rumour: The Witcher 2 Heading To PS3?

Switch Witch?

The Polish website Niengrani.pl seem to have uncovered proof that The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings is heading to the PlayStation 3 as well as Xbox 360 and PC.

Previously CD Projekt have said that they would like to see the game on PS3 but their team was not big enough to program both the Xbox and PlayStation versions of the game.

The website has a scan taken from a Polish newspaper that shows boxes for both consoles.

Now my Polish isn’t all that good so we’re going to have to rely on Google Translate here for the interesting part of the story.

‘After attempting to resolve the matter with the artists they told newspapers that he is not a mistake. Does Witcher 2 will also appear on the PS3? Quite possibly’

CD Projekt have said they will announce ‘something truly extraordinary’ this week – maybe that they’ve created a PS3 version in record time?

Source: Niengrani.pl

1. skibadee
    Since: Oct 2009

1 & 2 on bluray maybe if not 2 will do me on PS3 please be true.

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 17:25.
  2. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

Great! Looks like a good game from what I’ve seen, although I won’t be getting since I’m still going through inFamous 2…yes, I’m a bit late, I know…

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 17:28.
  3. ray_gillespie

I’ve got this on PC. To be honest, after all the hype, I was underwhelmed. I’m gonna wait for the big April update then give it another go, but at the moment I seem to be the only person in the world who doesn’t think The Witcher 2 is that good!

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 17:30.
    • plutoniumdragon

I didn’t like some of the changes from the first Witcher, can’t please everyone I guess, but it’s still a great game.

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 20:25.
  4. gazzagb
    Master of speling mitakse

I copied the text from that picture into Google translate and it came up as “Counting down the days to launch! The Witcher 2 for Xbox 360 and PS3 in April 17″.
    This could turn out to be quite interesting…

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 17:31.
    • yogh_wayne
      Since: Oct 2008

They most definitely won’t make a surprise release on the same day and skip all the PS3 pre-order business. So as others suggested, maybe an announcement alongside the 360 release?
      A PS3 version would be cool, I was disappointed when the “console version” turned out to be 360 only.

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 18:08.
  5. Jim Hargreaves

If true then surely the studio would want to promote or announce it before actually launching The Witcher 2 for PS3 in a couple of weeks.

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 17:57.
  6. nemesisND1derboy
    Since: Apr 2010

Wow, couldn’t imagine them having it out day and date with the 360 version, but they haven’t been shy in saying they’d love to do a PS3 version once the 360 version is done. I got the press release from CDP: Red the other day saying the 360 version has gone gold. So maybe an announcement that they’ll start work on it now?

Either that or the publisher coughed up the funds to outsource it to an external dev studio to port, unlikely though.

Either way, good news for everyone. It’s a great game, one of the best RPGs is gen.

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 17:57.
  7. Deathbrin

“is heading to the PlayStation 3 as well as Xbox 360 and PC”
    Although it’s not “heading” to the PC, no. :)

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 18:22.
  8. MadBoJangles

Ooooh I hope this is true!
    It looks rather good to moi! :D

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 18:43.
  9. Nutbrown
    Since: Jul 2010

This was Game of the Year over at Shacknews. I hope it comes to the PS3 too.

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 18:50.
  10. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

Whoa…

Comment posted on 02/04/2012 at 19:04.