Sony Now Running Adverts For God Of War Game

VENGEANCE!!!

Sure, we’ve already figured out that it’s God of War, but it looks like Sony are pushing next week’s tease further afield than just Facebook and the official blog.

The advert above, which actually just takes you here, was spotted over on Kotaku.

Without spoiling the existing God of War series, it’s not hard to imagine what ‘nothing will bring them back’ is referring to.

1. MrTwP

The “Click Here” Doesn’t work :(

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 15:44.
    • Forrest_01

Lol – That’s just a picture!

The actual links in the text work though. :)

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 15:49.
  2. bmg_123
    Since: Feb 2012

I assume it’s referring to ‘The Collector’ and the ‘Negativitron’ from Littlebigplanet? I’m sure it’s nothing to do with God of War…

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 15:44.
    • PriceofWar
      Since: Mar 2012

If there is a game that can bring things back, it’s LittleBigPlanet haha

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 17:09.
  3. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

oh mman, I dont know what to do with myself if its God of war by the Gods strike me down already

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 15:49.
  4. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

Odds on they get brought back at the end then.
    If it does refer to some people who were killed by Kratos though, then I’m guessing this must be God of War IV on PS3, and not a portable side-story like the two PSP games. It seems too central to the story to make it on Vita, unless it’s a game available on both PS3 and Vita.

PS3 exclusive I reckon, GOWIV.
    Then again, if it’s a subtitle, (beginning with ‘A’) it’s surely an offshoot, positioning it for the Vita. Unless the A isn’t for a subtitle at all, but is simple A as in Picture A, picture B etc. or even simply stands for Asset.

I think I’m reading too much into everything now, my head hurts.

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 15:52.
    • Sir_Jay

I don’t think Santa Monica will work on a portable version as normally that gets left to other teams like ready at dawn that made the collection volume 2. Santa Monica normally do the games for the home consoles. I’m hoping for God of War IV for PS3 and maybe a port to Vita (ported by whoever)

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 16:09.
  5. Jim Hargreaves

Guessing God of War title for Vita or God of Anthology; a boxed set with all current GoW games for Vita/PS3.

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 16:00.
    • colmshan1990
      Since: Apr 2009

A God of War Anthology for Vita would be amazing.
      Although I hope they’d be available seperately- there’s no way I could play 5 games straight and not get bored of the mechanics.
      I could make do with the trilogy, and get the PSP games at a later date (they ARE amazing, though…)

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 16:04.
  6. Cray2k

With E3 being not too far away why not hold a GoW announcement back until then. Surly that would make more sense?

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 16:02.
    • skibadee
      Since: Oct 2009

Sony always has some games at E3 plus we will see game play probably.

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 16:13.
    • colmshan1990
      Since: Apr 2009

Grab the hype and headlines now, rather than risk being drowned in among the other announcements.

For example, a PS4 or Xbox 3 level of announcement…

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 16:20.
      • colmshan1990
        Since: Apr 2009

That doesn’t mean I think this is next-gen by the way.
        After all, didn’t GOW2 come out on PS2 after the PS3 (US) launch?

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 16:22.
  7. wotta
    Since: Feb 2010

The ‘A’ could be for God of War Announcement – Non?

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 16:10.
    • colmshan1990
      Since: Apr 2009

That seems… Obvious.
      I’d go with this one.

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 19:24.
  8. Foxhound_Solid
    Is a smart cookie.

For Vita!

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 20:27.
  9. MXZ
    Since: Jul 2010

NOTHING will bring them back…..if the new God of War game is for facebook.

Then again it could be referring to the already murdered bosses of the previous three games being brought back once more and then being permanently eliminated by Kratos (as that means Kratos actually has someone to kill in God of War 4)

Comment posted on 12/04/2012 at 21:43.