It’s Round-Up time! Gazza is still embroiled in a battle with university examinations and coursework and what have you, so it’s my turn again.
We have the first competition on TSA for quite some time this week. TSA have teamed up with OverclockersUK to offer natty hardware from Zowie in the form of some high performance gaming mice and keyboards. Of course, you can also use these mice and keyboards for non-gaming purposes, but when you really need them for a twitchy showdown with your arch-nemesis in a FPS of your choice, they’ll totally have your back!
So, head over here, and fill in the form to put yourself in for the chance to win. There’s no crunch time with this one, entries finish on the 31st of May.
Heading over to the meets this week, we’ve got mainly the usuals on offer, but quite a few have yet to appear.
Tonight, there’s the weekly Uncharted 3 meet starting at 7PM, before Sunday sees the regular Dirt 3 meet at 6PM, with Starhawk following it at 9pm. Still early days for one of the PS3′s stalwarts, so get your gaming in while it’s still fresh.
SSX, Awesomenauts and GT5 are currently missing, but might show up for Monday night. To cover their absence, SanMartinez is hosting a Ridge Racer Unbounded meet at 8PM.
That’s far from the end of the meets, though. There’s the regular Friday night Wipeout 2048 and Battlefield 3 meets amongst others with spots yet to be created, so keep an eye out.
Heck, you can even make your own meets, if you’ve got more than 250 TSA points!
Compared to last week, the articles are a teensy bit sparse. Almost as if the publishers are holding back a little bit for a big expo or something. Hmm.
Anyway, we do have a few new reviews and games out this week, and some big hitters at that. Max Payne 3 dropped from the heavens and into Al’s hands, who gave us a delightful new layout to the review he put together. The game’s pretty good too, which helps. Shame that Kris couldn’t quite say the same of Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II, though. At least Gamoc enjoyed reviewing Warlock: Master of the Arcane and had some fun with Torchlight 2, this week’s cheap PC game.
That aforementioned expo means we don’t have any previews for you this week, but we have a healthy dose of Real Life features instead. Tuffcub staggers around London taking photos of sexually attractive males and playing games when he should surely be doing some form of work to bring you a tale of A Day In The Life Of A PlayStation Vita. Meanwhile Al and his compadre imbibe several beverages and consumed a flat circular italian delicacy whilst deconstructing and then reassembling a malfunctioning launch PS3 in their attempts to rectify this horrendously saddening situation.
Tuffcub’s Massive Poll results about motion control come back in, as does the verdict on Brink for WeView, which goes on to feature Uncharted: Golden Abyss for you to review this week. Rounding us out, we have the usuals: Sunday Thoughts discussing pricing, What We Played and Podcast (with added me) for you to catch up on.
There’s a nice crop of things from the forums, with the highlights for me being:
- Roynaldo’s jealously of some chap’s beautiful and all inclusive gaming collection.
- PoorPaddy’s offer of a penny for your thoughts on women’s varied portrayals within gaming.
- Mcphatty’s most helpful guide to getting your DualShock 3 working with your PC.
- Mickey wondering what the greatest song of all time is.
- SavageOrange’s forward looking thread on the topic of a particular games expo.
The showdown for last week might have been a little unfair on Lt. Kai Tana, since I believe several people didn’t recognise her from Futurlab’s totally awesome game, Velocity… Because I didn’t mention this fact! Sorry Kai!
Kai put up a good fight, but was kicked in the rump by the rather fierce Faith, who this week has the opportunity for a spot in the Fall of Hame… Who will she go up against?
His name’s Payne, Max Payne. Three.
- Brilliant at parkour, making her a perfect Runner.
- An expert in hand-to-hand combat.
- Can run so fast she can’t be hit by bullets. She’s like a real world Sonic.
- When she’s NOT running fast enough, those bullets hurt.
- Falls off buildings far too regularly.
- Being an outlaw is cool and all, but boy is it a hard life! Treachery, deceit, man hunts, S.W.A.T. teams… Oh so very stressful. Her blood pressure must be through the roof!
- Vigilante justice is awesomes.
- This guy practically invented slow motion… in games, anyway.
- Pain killer addictions are the in thing with all the famous people, I hear. (Don’t try it at home, kids.)
- He was in a movie. It didn’t go well.
- Has some of the worst luck when it comes to his life. Murder follows him, addictions, femme fatales etc. etc.
- He really only has a single trick up his sleeve, a slow motion bloodbath whilst he falls over. Can’t we just talk it out and be friends, or something?
Can Faith’s fast pace counteract Max’s slow motion dives and bullet time, to make it into the hall of fame?