Borderlands 2, predictably, hits the top spot this week. The return to Pandora has sold more than four times its predecessor, with 71 per cent of those sales coming on the Xbox 360. It’s the biggest launch of the year, beating Mass Effect 3′s opening weekend.
The other big new releases for the week, F1 2012 and PES 2013, manage to take the second and third places respectively, although their sales in comparison to their predecessors were perhaps not quite as strong as those of Borderlands 2.
LittleBigPlanet is in sixth place, which, considering that digital sales aren’t accounted, is good going for a Vita title. Hopefully we’ll see more sales on that device as Christmas nears.
Here’s the top 20:
- BORDERLANDS 2 – TAKE 2
- F1 2012 – CODEMASTERS
- PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2013 – KONAMI
- SLEEPING DOGS – SQUARE ENIX EUROPE
- LEGO BATMAN 2: DC SUPER HEROES – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- LITTLEBIGPLANET PS VITA – SONY COMPUTER ENT.
- NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 – NINTENDO
- TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 – NAMCO BANDAI GAMES
- GUILD WARS 2 – NCSOFT EUROPE
- MAX PAYNE 3 – TAKE 2
- LONDON 2012: THE OFFICIAL VIDEO GAME – SEGA
- DEAD ISLAND GOTY EDITION – KOCH MEDIA
- THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM – BETHESDA SOFTWORKS
- LEGO HARRY POTTER: YEARS 5-7 – WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
- MARIO & SONIC LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES – SEGA
- THE SIMS 3: SUPERNATURAL – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- SKYLANDERS: SPYRO’S ADVENTURE – ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- TOM CLANCY’S GHOST RECON: FUTURE SOLDIER – UBISOFT
- MADDEN NFL 13 – ELECTRONIC ARTS
- DIRT SHOWDOWN – CODEMASTERS