Sony Delays PlayStation Plus For Vita Information

No info just yet.

Still waiting on its own Plus details.
News on PlayStation Plus for the PS Vita was expected this week, as previously confirmed by the official Blog a few days back.

We were expecting the first information on discounted games, cloud storage, automatic downloads and everything else that Plus brings, but to the portable console.

Sadly, this is no longer happening this week.

“The blog post has been delayed until early next week while we finalise all the details,” said Plus’ Chris Howe, commenting on the Blog.

Whether or not the team will be making a slightly more visible notice we’ll just have to wait and see, but it’s a shame that this has been delayed, especially in the wake of poorer than ever Vita sales in at least one territory.

Still, at least the machine is being advertised well, although that French ad is still bafflingly misplaced, if not slightly quirky.

Fingers crossed for next week, then.

1. AddictedAndy
    PS3Addict
    Since: Oct 2008

Shouldn’t be surprised, piss up and brewery spring to mind. I was really looking forward to this today and was hoping it would all be live later so I could actually use my vita for a change.

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 11:16.
    • Bodachi
      Since: Jan 2010

Maybe you should get one of the many great games out recently.

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 11:19.
      • AddictedAndy
        PS3Addict
        Since: Oct 2008

Like what? I have played all four games that I have been interested in since launch. Wipeout, Stardust, Uncharted and Resistance.

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 11:42.
      • jimmy-google

AC Liberation to start with then maybe NFS, Super Monkeyball, Lego Batman 2, Unit 13, Motorstorm RC, Sound shapes and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Modnation Racers is well worth it at £6 in the sale.

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 11:47.
      • AddictedAndy
        PS3Addict
        Since: Oct 2008

Never played AC not really my thing. Super Monkey Ball & Lego Batman are probably fun for some but I doubt me and I wouldn’t purchase them just to find that out. Motorstorm RC hated the controls and the top down view. Metal Gear I have no interest in. ModNation I was actually hoping would be one of the + freebies based on it being a launch title, £6 may be worth a punt in the sale but based on my experience with ModNation on PS3 i.e. loading times, I haven’t tried it. Sound Shapes does look ok but I want proper games to play on the move.

That’s why I was hoping for PS+ on vita today with trials and freebies. £40 is way too much to try something on a wim.

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 12:42.
      • jimmy-google

I’ve never paid close to £40 on a vita game. I think around £23 at the most and that was for Modnation on launch day.

A lot of games have demos on the store too. Monkeyball does, as does Unit 13, Silent Hill etc…

There are still more games, Lumines, Everybody’s Golf, Escape Plan, F1, Hustle Kings, Top Darts, Mutant Blobs Attack, Silent Hill, Sunflowers, Smark As, Spy Hunter, Fifa, Rayman Origins, Jona Lomu Rugby and Virtua Tennis.

There are still plenty of games and most are very cheap now. There’s not really much outside of that list that ps+ could offer.

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 13:00.
      • Sympozium

Dissida Final Fantasy.

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 13:12.
  2. Bodachi
    Since: Jan 2010

Well they did say November for PS+ on Vita so they still on target. Look forward to seeing the final info on PS+ on Vita. Perhaps they are delaying it so all regions have the info out at the same time.

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 11:17.
  3. Nate
    Since: Apr 2010

To be honest, by now it’s more surprising when they release something on time.

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 11:19.
    • freezebug2

A great philosophy that could literally abolish disappointment. ;)

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 11:30.
      • hazelam

they’ll find a way

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 14:30.
  4. bigbaldwolf
    Since: Mar 2012

Did someone challenge you to put as many links at the end of an article as possible lol

On topic though it is annoying that this is being delayed. It’s not as if they’ve had enough time to get this together

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 11:25.
  5. kjkg
    Since: Apr 2010

Gutted, was hoping to get some extra stuff before my holiday next Friday.

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 11:34.
  6. jimmy-google

As a vita and ps+ owner I’m keen to have ps+ on vita but I’m not really sure what they can offer that I don’t already have. Most games have already been heavily discounted. Yes I’d expect cloud saves and automatic downloads (when plugged in) but ps+ has always been about games for me.

It’s not like that Vita is swimming in games they can offer. They may have delayed ps+ for Vita because there’s a delay on content they plan to include.

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 11:44.
    • ico
      Since: Aug 2010

Could not have put it better myself Sir. Really excited about plus on vita but real fear that I’ll have either already played content or won’t want to (even the freebies). Modnation etc? Big whoop….

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 17:31.
  7. Bilbo_bobbins

Never expect the expected from Sony.

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 11:57.
  8. Sympozium

Cloud saves shouldn’t even be a PS+ feature, considering you can’t back up saves for downloads instead it has to be the full game. Wtf Sony.

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 13:15.
    • flatspikes

Indeed, how will this work?

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 14:06.
  9. Dom El
    Since: Mar 2012

Once again the technical prowess of Sony’s consoles is overshadowed by the complete inability to put together any of their supporting services!

Wasn’t this announced weeks ago? So therefore shouldn’t someone have been finalising the details round about then? I have a perpetual image of Playstation support staff playing cats cradle and batting balls of wool around with an empty window open on their PC…

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 15:28.
    • Sympozium

to busy playing Counter Strike on Steam I suppose?

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 18:32.
      • Dom El
        Since: Mar 2012

Too busy playing it on their American PSN accounts!

Comment posted on 08/11/2012 at 08:45.
  10. RudeAwakening
    Since: Jan 2011

Bloody hell! Sony can not even get an article out on time!

Comment posted on 07/11/2012 at 16:49.