European PSN Store Update: 27/02/13

Crisis 3 - £60.

Crysis 3 is this week’s PSN Store headline game, and it’s available at EA’s usual £60 ticket price – you may wish to have a look online for the disk version, it’s probably cheaper.

It comes with Dynasty Warriors 7 (at £35) and a whole stack of DLC and add-ons including the Need for Speed Most Wanted Deluxe DLC Bundle (£20) and the single player portion of Uncharted 3 (again, £20) – that’s one hell of a download though.

Also out is a slightly cheeky (early) BioShock Infinite Season Pass (£16), a similarly priced pack for Mafia II and the rest of the rather oddly priced DLC for Uncharted 3.

Elsewhere there’s a few Disney PS2 titles (Finding Nemo, The Incredibles), the full priced version of the All Stars Battle Royale DLC (it’s £8 if you didn’t get it when it was free) – along with millions of smaller packs for the game, and a Star Wars table for Zen Pinball 2 (again, £8).

There’s a PS3 game called Demolition Inc., Dawnguard for Skyrim (£6.49) too, a playable demo for God Of War: Ascension, a demo for Knytt Underground and – well – loads of other stuff.

Seriously, it’s a packed week.

1. Blair Inglis
    hisnameisblair

Anyone know when the Black Ops DLC lands? Is it with this update, at midnight tonight or later tomorrow?

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 13:39.
    • CR8ZYH0RSE
      Since: Sep 2012

I do believe it’s tomorrow bud.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:01.
  2. cam the man

I wonder how many copies they sell at £60? Surely they can all be bought cheaper on disc.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 13:41.
    • cc_star
      Team TSA: Writer

Enough to carry on doing it.

Two things though, EA distribute the games at a price that suggests to the retailer to sell it for £59.99 (obviously competition drastically lowers this)

It wouldn’t be great for EA’s distribution/retail partners if EA then went and undercut them… Maybe when retail distribution is less relevant, but for now EA & everyone need the backing of all channels.

Secondly, I bought FIFA12 for £54.99 from the store & FIFA13 for £49.99 both much more expensive than retail’s launch weekend deals. The reason I did this was because I do play this game all year, solid. And having it available digitally is massively more convenient.

So perhaps people do it for their games of choice whether thats ME3, NfS, Crysis or whatever. One thing’s for sure is that they wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t worth it to them.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 13:48.
      • Bilbo_bobbins

Madness buying something for more money because you can’t be bothered putting the disc in the slot lol

Its £38 on amazon, that is nearly double for download.

Dare I say the more people buy at these inflated prices the easier it is for them to keep it at that price.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:07.
      • cc_star
        Team TSA: Writer

Nothing to do with can’t be bothered, although it’ is enormously more convenient.

Who cares about a few pounds (at the time) when we’re talking about a whole year and hundreds & hundreds of hours. Not to mention wear on Blu-ray laser, rather than just a couple of weeks that most games last, if they’re lucky.

With FIFA & Warhawk just a button press away & whatever the flavour of the week is in the BD slot it’s suits my usage perfectly.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:17.
      • BULLofDOOM
        Since: Feb 2013

Nailed it with wear on the optical drive. Much rather have it on the HDD, though the sense of ownership is missing.
        Good points about the retail RRP and not undercutting them via digital, I just assumed greed was the motive behind what seems excessive pricing when the costs via digital are lower.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:25.
    • rSp8

Must be quite a few, or they wouldn’t keep doing it. Look at it this way- if we know it’s available digitally there’s more of a chance it’ll make it to PS+’s instant game collection.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 13:50.
      • KeRaSh

That’s actually a really good point.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:09.
      • Klart
        Since: Jun 2010

Those digital full game sales often end up quite high in the digital sale top 10 lists, to my surprise.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:37.
    • Motalla
      Since: Dec 2011

I paid considerably less for my pre-ordered pc-version on Origin and as bonus got the “hunter something” edition, soundtrack and full versions of Crysis 1 and Crysis 2 (which I did not have).

Here you have it your basic economics at work, the skimming principle.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 13:50.
  3. cc_star
    Team TSA: Writer

God Of War HD Via PS+ and God Of War: Ascension demo for me.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 13:42.
    • Taylor Made
      Since: Oct 2011

Try the challenge of the Gods after beating GoW HD & let me know how long it takes you to complete

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 13:49.
      • kjkg
        Since: Apr 2010

GOW was the hardest I think was it not? The Chains of Olympus was easy.

Looking forward to the Ascension demo though. It was the GOWIII demo that got me interested in the whole series, now I love it.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 13:53.
      • DeathByNumbers

Took me about 2 hours ;)

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 13:55.
      • matthangzhou
        Since: Sep 2010

It wasn’t too bad

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:10.
      • LTG Davey
        andUandU

Yeah, it took me about 2-3 hours too. The fact you have to start from challenge#1 again if you fail part-way through makes it more luck than anything imo.
        GOW3s was the easiest (by far), then GOW1, then GOW2 (which was horrible at times lol)

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:11.
      • kjkg
        Since: Apr 2010

Davey, you only restart if you fail and switch the machine off though, is it not?

Still a bitch but imagine it was complete all challenges first time. I’d have cried.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:17.
      • cc_star
        Team TSA: Writer

GoWIII was easy apart from Zeus.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:17.
      • kjkg
        Since: Apr 2010

I hated Zeus with a passion.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:21.
      • LTG Davey
        andUandU

@kjkg – with regards to the challenges you’re right, sorry, forgot about that. As I was typing it I was thinking to myself “I’m sure I didn’t complete all out them without dying” lol…. still an arse though

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 15:23.
  4. Broonba
    Since: Mar 2009

God of War via PS+ & some LBP costume packs (if cheap enough) for me this time.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 13:47.
  5. zb100

Quite fancying the NFS Terminal Velocity expansion.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 13:50.
  6. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

Might get the Bioshock pass, there’s no MP so it should add more hours of SP. Star Wars table sounds like fun, but isn’t it much more expensive than the other tables?

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 13:51.
    • hol
      Since: Oct 2009

I expect because of the license?

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:39.
  7. Motalla
    Since: Dec 2011

Just the Skyrim DLC for me.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 13:51.
    • blackredyellow
      Since: Mar 2009

Yep, same for me. I’ve loved going back to that game.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 16:58.
  8. TheLig
    Causing trouble is my business and business is good

Does anyone know if Bit.Trip Runner 2 is out today?

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:15.
  9. Jag

Anything major for Vita today?

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:26.
  10. Bodachi
    Since: Jan 2010

I gotta pick up those Star Wars tables for Zen Pinball 2 today.

Comment posted on 27/02/2013 at 14:32.