Capcom has released a new update for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 today that fixes various glitches in the game. Unlike the infamous Sentinel nerf patch, it doesn’t look like any character has been drastically changed. Thankfully, Capcom actually released a set of patch notes to go along with this update.
Yes, the rumors are true: we did patch MvC3 today. We’ve fixed UI bugs and tweaked minor details of the gameplay to improve the experience. Here are the details of what was updated.
- Fixed bug where a cross counter and X-factor activation would cause Ryu to float if using the β or γ assists.
- Fixed bug involving snapping out Zero during the activation of his Shadow Clone, which was disabling control.
- Fixed bug involving the hit time for Captain America’s Shield Slash against Ryu, Amaterasu, and Hulk, which was allowing an unintended combo.
- Fixed bug for displaying more than 128 victories in a game lobby.
- Fixed bug involving Haggar blocking an attack in the air, immediately after using the Hoodlum Launcher.
- Fixed bug for displaying consecutive victories over 99 in Player Match.
- Fixed bug that allowed an infinite combo by Amaterasu against Taskmaster (Standing), Amaterasu(Standing or Ducking), Zero (Standing), and Shuma-Gorath (Ducking). Bug fix involved Amaterasu’s Solar Flare attack (x5) and Power Slash combo.
- Fixed bug where Spencer’s Bionic Maneuvers would cause Viewtiful Joe and Arthur to be stuck in the ground, when used as part of a combo with Haggar’s Rapid Fire Fist.
- Fixed bug where Spencer’s Bionic Maneuvers would cause the damage to display incorrectly, when used in a combo with Haggar’s Steel Pipe and Rapid Fire Fist.
Last month, Capcom added an Event mode to MvC3 which included 17 missions to complete. Since then, Capcom has silently released a few more Events bringing the count to 23. A few of the more interesting challenges include 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 battles and a survival mode for Arcade mode.