More information has been released regarding the PSN, and it seems restoration is starting… today!
No sign of Europe yet – click here – but we’ll keep you up to date.
“Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) and Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI, the company) will today begin a phased restoration by region of PlayStation Network and Qriocity services.
The phased restoration will be on a country by country basis beginning in the Americas, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East.
The first phase of restored services for North America and Europe will include:
- Sign-in for PlayStation Network and Qriocity services, including the resetting of passwords.
- Restoration of online gameplay across PlayStation 3 and PSP.
- Playback rental video content, if within rental period, of PlayStation Store Video Store on PS3, PSP and Media Go.
- Q Music Unlimited, for current subscribers, on PS3 and PC.
- Access to third party services such as VidZone and MUBI.
- ‘Friends’ category on PS3, including Friends List, Chat Functionality, Trophy Comparison, etc.
- PlayStation Home.”