Over on the official EU PlayStation Blog, Sony have revealed the details of the free, twelve-month ‘Identity Theft Protection Programme’ that will be offered to those affected by the PlayStation Network and Qriocity attack.
In the UK, France, Spain, Italy and Germany, this service will be offered through Affinion International, described by Sony as “a leader in identity protection products in Europe”.
The ‘fraud protect’ plan covers three areas, as detailed in the blog post:
- Personal Information protection
- Monitoring and Alerting Service
- Personal Information Protection Software
- Help / Assistance and guidance
- Dedicated helpline
- Victim of Fraud support
- Financial Protection
- Insurance that covers the expenses incurred in identity restoration following identity fraud
- Card Monitoring and Alerting Service
Details on how to contact Affinion and take up the service will be provided shortly, with Sony apparently still working on similar schemes for those countries not covered by today’s announcement.
Source: EU PS Blog