In the run up to Mass Effect: Andromeda’s release there was a bit of furore over the facial animations of some characters, with criticism being aimed at the lack of movement that could convey emotion. It was a bit of blight in launch proceedings and has haunted the game a little post release, despite it being top of the UK release chart for the past two weeks. Now BioWare has announced that on April 6th patch 1.05 will be rolled out, and one of the things it addresses is facial animations.
The patch will also allow players to skip the autopilot sequence in the galaxy map, balance changes for the likes of armour and weapons in both single and multiplayer, and various fixes to improve the experience. The full list of changes is below.
- Improved tutorial placement
- Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression
- Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)
- Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
- Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
- Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO
- Fixed various collision issues
- Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
- Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
- Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
- Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
- Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
- Fixes issues related to some saves
- Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
- Streaming and stability improvements
The studio also outlined what areas will be improved over the next two months, with those listed below.
- More options and variety in the character creator
- Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
- Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
- Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
- Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams