It dawned on me that Gamescom is only a week and a half away, and with so many highly anticipated games still to come from 2018 and 2019, what are you looking forward to seeing more of? For me it’s crossing my fingers we get a Splinter Cell announcement, but I’ll also be interested to see more of Cyberpunk 2077 and Jedi: Fallen Order!
In the News This Week
- Watch The New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer Right Here!
- Nintendo: Luigi Is Not Dead
- Dead Snazzy PlayStation 4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition Revealed
- The Nintendo Switch Paid Online Services Start The Second Half Of September
- God Of War New Game+ To Be Patched In This Month
- Torchlight Frontiers Coming To Consoles And PC Next Year
- This Is the Police 2 Is Coming To Consoles This September
Games in Review
It was a great week for the reviews, with a range of genres and scores, including a coveted 10/10!
- Dead Cells – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 10/10
- Death Road to Canada – PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Android, iOS – 8/10
- Overcooked 2 – PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC – 8/10
- Remothered: Tormented Fathers – PS4, XBO – 8/10
- We Happy Few – PS4, XBO, PC – 6/10
- 1979 Revolution: Black Friday – PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Android, iOS – 5/10
- Castaway Paradise – PS4, XBO – 5/10
- Okami HD – Switch – No Score
- Turtle Beach Stealth 300 – Headset (no score)
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
Everyone’s second favourite archeologist (Indi will always be at the top!) will be returning soon with Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, and Tef went hands on with the game to see how it’s progressing. He also spoke with the Narrative Director and Lead Game Designer about whats different for Lara this time round. But before moving on, gave us 10 things he learnt while spending time with Eidos Montréal’s game:
Elsewhere, Steve looked at Insomnia: The Ark, a dieselpunk RPG with an ambitious story, and Teflon played Strange Brigade, which is sure to be a gem from the developers of Sniper Elite. He also had a rather strange interview with the Design Lead that mainly focused on beards in the game!
Lastly, Tef also wrote about the absurd new mode for FIFA 19 that includes a ‘No Rules’ game, allowing you among other things to to ignore the offside rule and most importunately, hack down your opponents to your hearts desire!
Wrapping up, What We Played ended the week with H1Z1, Dead Cells & Overcooked 2 making appearances.
This week’s What We Played had plenty of discussion in the comments, so let’s see what everyone was up to:
- MrYd played plenty of games this week – far too many to list here in fact – but managed to get the platinum’s for The Invisible Hours and Electronauts.
- Crazy_Del racked up 14 kills in a game of H1Z1, earning himself 3 solo wins!
- Dead Cells’ platinum might be out of reach for gernboes, but that hasn’t stopped his enjoyment of it, along with GTA V.
- JR. picked up the platinum for the “very good” LEGO Incredibles, before switching to a bunch of PSVR games.
- ron_mcphatty finished Gravity Rush, although his Haiku was ruined by autocorrect!
- aerobes spent plenty of time with the PES 2019 demo, and is looking forward to the full game.
- Lastly, there was no gaming for Andrewww, but did get to enjoy a spin in a Tesla Model S!
If you want to be included in this section, make sure to comment on What We Played of a Friday evening.
The Week Ahead
August very much feels like the calm before the September storm…
- World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth – PC – 14/08
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season – PS4, XBO, PC – 14/08
- State of Mind – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 15/08
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes – PS4, XBO – 16/08 (XBO 17/08)
Enjoy the weekend and I’ll be back soon!