We already know that Henry Cavill will be taking on the role of Geralt of Rivia for Netflix’s The Witcher series, but there has been speculation about who else would be joining him on the cast list. Well we now know who will be playing the parts of Ciri and Yennefer. Freya Allan will be taking on the role of Geralt’s adopted daughter Ciri, while Anya Chalotra will be the sorceress Yennefer.
They’re not the only characters to have been cast though with the rest of the list below:
- Jodhi May as Queen Calanthe
- Bjorn Hlynur Haraldsson as the knight Eist
- Adam Levy as the druid Mousecack
- MyAnna Buring as Tissaia
- Millie Brady as Princess Renfri
- Mimi Ndeweni as a sorceress
- Therica Wilson-Read as a sorceress
The Witcher series is looking more to the books as inspiration than the games, though will have its own unique additions. Filming is yet to begin for the series.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter