Seasonal events are bigger than ever in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, with Bunny Day (the series’ non-religious version of Easter) turned into an almost two week event! Running from today, 1st April till Bunny Day itself on 12th April, Zipper the Rabbit is now on your islands, eager to get you involved in a bonanza of egg gathering.
There’s six different types of egg to collect, plenty of DIY recipes to learn and craft, and more. So let’s get to it!
We’ve got plenty of other walkthroughs and tips for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and more on the way. Visit our game hub to check those out.
Where to find Zipper?
Zipper will just be hanging around on your island on 1st April, but is not attached to the Resident Services Building plaza. So, you’ll need to run around and look for the (possibly costumed?) character to chat with him and learn all about 2020’s Bunny Day celebration.
Zipper will explain all of what you need to do, and give you a recipe to get things going. If you talk to him again, he’ll tell you that he’ll return on Bunny Day itself and to keep it all a secret. I’m sure none of your islanders have noticed there’s eggs growing on trees now…
If you missed Zipper?
Don’t worry if you missed Zipper on April 1st, you’ll just get a message in the mail to explain what’s what when you next play the game.
What do you do in Bunny Day?
Bunny Day is an egg hunting bonanza. There’s eggs up high in the sky, there’s eggs in rocks, eggs in trees, eggs in the sea. They’re literally everywhere.
In the run up to Bunny Day itself, you’re hunting for as many eggs as possible, but you won’t be able to just hand them to Zipper until the 12th April. Until then, your other task is to craft as many of the Bunny Day DIY recipes as possible.
Zipper will get you started with a Bunny Day bed recipe, before challenging you to find all the DIY recipes he’s hidden on the island and crafting all of the Bunny Day DIY recipes to get a “super-di-doopery” present.
How to find Bunny Day eggs
There are six types of egg to find:
- Leaf eggs – These grow on non-fruit bearing trees that are now full of cherry blossom. Shake these trees to knock the eggs loose and gather them up.
- Wood eggs – Hit trees with an axe, and Wood eggs will be knocked out alongside the three types of wood.
- Stone eggs – Hit stones with a shovel or axe, and Stone eggs will be knocked out alongside stone, clay, iron and gold.
- Earth eggs – These are buried in the ground like fossils. Hunt for cracks in the ground and dig them up with a shovel.
- Sky eggs – Listen for the telltale wind sound of a balloon present floating nearby. Tilt your camera up with the right analogue stick to help spot it and then shoot it out of the sky with a slingshot. The Bunny Day balloons are rainbow coloured.
- Water eggs – Look for medium sized fish shadow in streams, ponds and the sea. You can catch them with a fishing rod as though they’re fish, and they’ll turn out to be eggs at random.
How to get Bunny Day recipes
To complete Zipper’s DIY recipe challenge, you’ll first need to find the Bunny Day recipes. So far we’ve found a few ways to obtain new recipes:
- Bunny Day Balloons – Listen for the sound of a present balloon and shoot it out of the sky. The rainbow coloured balloons with either drop Sky eggs or a Bunny Day recipe.
- Egg Message Bottle – You can find special striped Egg Message Bottles washed up on the sea shore, which will contain a Bunny Day recipe.
- Speaking to villagers – Your villagers might run up and try to get your attention, and there’s a chance that one of these conversations can see them give you a Bunny Day recipe. Specifically, these will be for the Bunny Day crown and Bunny Day bag.
You’ll also be able to come up with clothing ideas that are not part of Zipper’s challenge:
- Come up with DIY recipe ideas – As you catch more and more eggs, your islander might simply come up with some DIY recipe ideas for egg themed clothing.
- Egg party outfit – Once your islander has come up with all six sets of egg specific outfits, they’ll also come up with a cutesy Bunny Day party hat and dress.
Zipper says that DIY recipes turn up more often as we get closer to Bunny Day, so we’ll update this section with more methods as we find them.
How many Bunny Day recipes are there?
We’re still collecting Bunny Day recipes, but know of or have found the following so far:
- Bunny Day arch – 2 earth eggs, 2 stone eggs, 2 leaf eggs, 2 wood eggs, 2 sky eggs, 2 water eggs
- Bunny Day bag – 1 earth egg, 1 stone egg, 1 leaf egg, 1 wood egg, 1 sky egg, 1 water egg
- Bunny Day bed – 1 earth egg, 1 stone egg, 1 leaf egg, 1 wood egg, 1 sky egg, 1 water egg
- Bunny Day crown – 1 earth egg, 1 stone egg, 1 leaf egg, 1 wood egg, 1 sky egg, 1 water egg
- Bunny Day fence – 1 earth egg, 1 stone egg, 1 leaf egg, 1 wood egg, 1 sky egg, 1 water egg
- Bunny Day festive balloons – 1 stone egg, 1 wood egg, 1 water egg
- Bunny Day flooring – 2 earth eggs, 2 stone eggs, 2 leaf eggs, 2 wood eggs, 2 sky eggs, 2 water eggs
- Bunny Day glowy garland – 1 earth egg, 1 stone egg, 1 leaf egg, 1 wood egg, 1 sky egg, 1 water egg
- Bunny Day festive balloons – 1 earth egg, 1 leaf egg, 1 sky egg
- Bunny Day lamp – 4 wood eggs
- Bunny Day rug – 1 earth egg, 1 stone egg, 1 leaf egg, 1 wood egg, 1 sky egg, 1 water egg
- Bunny Day stool – 3 water eggs
- Bunny Day table – 4 earth eggs
- Bunny Day vanity – 4 leaf eggs
- Bunny Day wall – 2 earth eggs, 2 stone eggs, 2 leaf eggs, 2 wood eggs, 2 sky eggs, 2 water eggs
- Bunny Day wall clock – 4 sky eggs
- Bunny Day wardrobe – 4 stone eggs
- Bunny Day wreath – 1 earth egg, 1 stone egg, 1 leaf egg, 1 wood egg, 1 sky egg, 1 water egg
If you manage to complete all 18 Bunny Day DIY items, you’ll be able to obtain:
- Wobbling Zipper toy – 4 earth eggs, 4 stone eggs, 4 leaf eggs, 4 wood eggs, 4 sky eggs, 4 water eggs
And after crafting that:
- Bunny Day wand – 1 Wobbling Zipper toy, 3 Star Fragments
There’s also egg type specific recipes for clothing, which you discover at random after collecting eggs of that type:
- Earth-egg shoes – 2 earth eggs
- Earth-egg outfit – 3 earth eggs
- Earth-egg shell – 2 earth eggs
- Stone-egg shoes – 2 stone eggs
- Stone-egg outfit – 3 stone eggs
- Stone-egg shell – 2 stone eggs
- Leaf-egg shoes – 2 leaf eggs
- Leaf-egg outfit – 3 leaf eggs
- Leaf-egg shell – 2 leaf eggs
- Wood-egg shoes – 2 wood eggs
- Wood-egg outfit – 3 wood eggs
- Wood-egg shell – 2 wood eggs
- Sky-egg shoes – 2 sky eggs
- Sky-egg outfit – 3 sky eggs
- Sky-egg shell – 2 sky eggs
- Water-egg shoes – 2 water eggs
- Water-egg outfit – 3 water eggs
- Water-egg shell – 2 water eggs
- Egg party hat – 2 earth eggs, 2 stone eggs, 2 leaf eggs, 2 wood eggs, 2 sky eggs, 2 water eggs
- Egg party dress – 3 earth eggs, 3 stone eggs, 3 leaf eggs, 3 wood eggs, 3 sky eggs, 3 water eggs
Finally, if you’ve managed to do all of that
We’ll update this section with more recipes as we find them.
Enjoy your egg hunting, and make sure to play on 12th April to catch Zipper and earn your rewards!
- How to get cherry blossom trees and petals
- Sell bugs to Flick and commission insect models
- How to help Gulliver find his communicator parts
- Get cool new shoes when Kicks comes to town
- Daisy Mae and how to play the Stalk Market
- Change up your appearance and outfit
- The 10 best new island names for Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- How to import custom clothes & art with NookLink QR Codes