I’m very much enjoying the drop in temperatures and rain showers of the last couple days, but looking at the Formula 1, they’ve jumped out of the frying pan of Silverstone in a heatwave to the first of Barcelona!
Will we have more tyre wear shenanigans this weekend? Can someone spring a surprise in qualifying? I’m looking forward to finding out at the end of this second triple-header.
Now then, let’s crack on with this week’s gaming news.
In the News This Week
- Epic sues Apple and Google as Fortnite direct payment contravenes store rules
- Halo Infinite delayed to 2021, but Xbox Series X still on target for November
- Xbox Series S leaks on new Xbox Series X controller packaging
- Former AC Valhalla creative director fired as new allegations of misconduct hit Ubisoft
- Yoshinori Ono announces resignation from Capcom, “new generation” will take care of Street Fighter
- Fall Guys downtime reward revealed – free Legendary Prickles costume and 5,000 Kudos
- Control will get free PS5 and Xbox Series X upgrades… but only if you buy the new Ultimate Edition
- The Last of Us Part 2 Grounded update is out now
- Guerrilla are investigating Horizon Zero Dawn for PC’s problems, but will this improve performance?
- Dead By Daylight crossplay live for consoles and PC
We’ve got five codes apiece for iOS and Android versions of WST Snooker, the latest snooker game from Lab42 and Sumo Digital. Head here to find out how to enter the giveaway.
Games in Review
We had a pretty full slate of review this week, covering all manner of different genres and topics.
- Fight Crab – PC – 9/10
- The Alto Collection – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- Death end re;Quest 2 – PS4, PC – 8/10
- Superliminal – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- A Total War Saga: Troy – PC – 8/10
- Banner of the Maid – PS4, NSW, PC – 6/10
- Fae Tactics – NSW, PC – 6/10
- Popup Dungeon – PC – 6/10
- Sentinels of Freedom – NSW, PC – 6/10
And we also had a documentary review telling the origins of the THPS franchise:
Just because we had a bunch of reviews doesn’t mean we didn’t have space for anything else. Ade’s kicked off our weekend with 5 Viking facts that should be included in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, while Tom went hands on with the intriguing Dreamscaper, blending action RPG gameplay with Persona-like relationship creation.
Dom ventured into the teensy tiny world of Grounded, before going up against the “despicable, speedrunning nightmare” of Okunoka Madness, and loving every second of it! Alan joined us this week to share his thoughts on the nosy X-raying ghost shenanigans of I Am Dead.
I pondered just how bad Halo Infinite’s delay is for Xbox Series X in the long run, while Aran spoke to director Ludvig Gür about the Pretending I’m a Superman documentary.
And we rounded out a week full of features with What We Played
Apex Legends Season 6 Boosted gameplay revealed
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- Crazy_Del is just one trophy away from the Fall Guys platinum, all of which will depend on the in-game store updates. There’s also be one trophy waiting for him in Skater XL and a handful of them in NFS Heat.
- ron_mcphatty has picked up three wins in Fall Guys and is aiming to hit level 40 before he tires of its light and fun battle royale.
- Dreams little Dreams was TSBonyman who’s resting up after a shoulder injury.
- tactical20 has really got the hang of Skater XL, to the point that he’s joined an online team based in North Carolina.
- And finally Andrewww has been battling through more of The Last of Us Part II, while the kids have been enjoying the chaos of Fall Guys.
I hope you have a good (and relatively cool) weekend and I’ll see you on the other side!