Developer Crystal Dynamics may have just launched their big Hawkeye update for Marvel’s Avengers – as well as next-gen upgrades for both PS5 and Xbox Series X|S – but they’re already looking ahead to the game’s next major content drop.
During a recent Square Enix publisher showcase, we saw a glimpse of the Black Panther: War for Wakanda expansion as well as the Marvels’ Avengers roadmap. It has been confirmed that players will be getting some MCU content in the form of a Red Room takeover later this spring. Coinciding with the upcoming release of Black Widow, there will be new HARM Room challenges as well as hero skins inspired by the blockbuster films. A quick side note on these costumes: they’ll only be available via the marketplace in exchange for credits.
We’ll be introducing the Red Room Takeover event this spring!
Features rewards like animated nameplates, outfits inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a deadly HARM Room hacked by Yelena Belova, and more secrets to decrypt. pic.twitter.com/WsuYxSaOAa
— Marvel’s Avengers (@PlayAvengers) March 27, 2021
Since launch, a successful part of the team’s strategy has been to keep the Avengers community in the loop with a steady stream of announcements and livestreams. In a recent broadcast, a number of Crystal Dynamics staff members talked fans through the upcoming Marvel’s Avengers update 1.5.1.
MP1st caught the patch notes which you can read below.
Upcoming Marvel’s Avengers Update 1.5.1 Patch Notes
- Elite Villian Sectors – A loot fix is coming to Elite Villian Sectors, which were unintentionally changed in the last update.
- Marvel’s Avengers PS5 Trophy Migration Fix – An issue where not all the trophies would unlock during ps4 to ps5 save migration is being fixed. For players who have yet to transfer this should work correctly. However, for those who have been playing on the PS5 version after a save migration you can still transfer the save, but you will lose previous progress. The alternative is to re-earn specific trophy, though the team is looking into ways to resolve that.
- MP1st suggestion: We recommend you backup your PS5 save via cloud and then perform the save migration (PS4 to PS5) to earn the trophies you may have missed from the original migration. You can then download your previous PS5 cloud save to continue with your progress.
- Reassemble Campaign Replay – An issue that is happening during the Golden Acre campaign mission where a set of tables are stacked on each other, thus preventing campaign progress is being fixed.
- Future Imperfect – a 30 second hang that took place after the Hawkeye mission will be fixed.
- A few other various fixes are coming, though don’t expect any major things as this is a small patch.
Make sure you read through our Marvel’s Avengers Hawkeye DLC review. Here’s a brief snippet:
Overall, Operation: Future Imperfect is a small step in the right direction, but it fails to tackle the biggest issues Marvel’s Avengers faces. Those left bitter by the game’s live service hooks, uninspired loot, and reliance on grindy dungeon brawls will find nothing worth celebrating here.