ModNation Racers Update Introduces Problem

Sony "working on a solution."

The Official PlayStation Twitter account is the bearer of bad news this morning as it appears that ModNation Racers update 1.02 has had some undesirable effects on certain areas of the game.  The Tweet read as follows;

“ModNation Racers: Update 1.02 introduced an issue that affects online XP Races & XP Series. We’re working on a solution to resolve the issue.”

We will keep an eye out and let you know when it’s safe to dip your toes back in the water.

Source: Twitter

1. stonyk

When’s the load times and bitch baddies fix going in?

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 07:49.
    • Bodachi
      Since: Jan 2010

Thats what this patch is for but I’ve heard its not cut by much.

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 07:51.
      • bunimomike

I’ve been reading about load times being reduced by 30% which sounds pretty healthy.

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 08:57.
      • heedbaw

I think they’ve pulled a fast one with load times. Seems to be the loading % works smoother, rather than goin up in 15-20% chunks.

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 15:20.
    • Dan Lee
      Common like the rest of us.
      Since: Jun 2010

I can’t remember off the top of my head – Ill try and find out.

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 07:52.
    • Erroneus
      Wanted "Trophy Hunter" but was too late.

You can skip some cut-scenes and go directly to next race instead of career central. So some small loading improvements and some shortcuts.

But what I don’t get, is why they don’t create some minor 2D menus, which doesn’t require any big loading when eg. done with a MP race and waiting for the next one to start. There is no reason to load a 3D world, when it could have been a menu.

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 08:03.
  2. theotheo

Loadtimes have def. been improved. 2p offline race now loads in 26 something seconds. I do agree on Erroneus, just give me some flat 2d menu’s so I don’t have to load the modspot in order to start a 2p race

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 08:06.
    • brewersteve

I’m sure they did something similar to the 1st motorstorm game to speed things along when choosing your vehicle.

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 08:32.
  3. stonyk

Does anyone know if the career load times are better? What about the evil racers who cheat everytime? Have they been improved (not playing again until they are fixed as there is only so much anger my body can take before it imploads!)

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 08:16.
    • Bilbo_bobbins

they introduced a new level “casual” which is meant to be alot easier. Some tracks also been changed slightly, and enemies not as good.

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 09:03.
  4. Bilbo_bobbins

I might one day get to play this game once they sort the loading times and issues…I can’t wait.

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 09:02.
  5. Danza Di Fuoco

Traded it in for Demon’s Souls so hopefully when I find it inexpensive I will return to the modspot one day praying that the load times have been improved and online isn’t broken.

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 09:39.
  6. DrNate86
    Since: Apr 2010

I think there is only a problem when you are hosting an XP race or series. Several of us last night had no problems joining existing ones.

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 10:31.
  7. TSBonyman

I forgot the patch was being released yesterday. If it’s only the online it affects i might check it out anyway.

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 12:12.
  8. hol
    Since: Oct 2009

had a go last night, prefer how your not dropped into the modspot but you choose between that, career or create. Load times SEEM quicker but really didn’t bother me anyway ;)

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 12:25.
  9. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

I haven’t played xp races yet anyway, so I’ll give the game a whirl later and explore the changes.

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 13:26.
  10. Jacko

I can’t even download the patch.
    It just tells me there’s 107 minutes left and does nothing. D:

Comment posted on 05/08/2010 at 14:02.