Killzone 3 Patch Arriving Tomorrow

Enthusiastic death screams.

Guerrilla have released details of a new patch for the rather awesome Killzone 3 and there are a number of significant changes.

Most notably, the weak-as-kittens turrets created by Engineers will be gaining an extra 30% in armour and the Marksman’s scramble ability is no longer ‘always on’ and has as a cool down period after use.

Cosmetic changes include ‘real time projectors’ within the Radec Academy map and ‘toned down overly enthusiastic death screams’.  I don’t think anyone is particularly enthusiastic about death, but if you have just been shot in the stomach, you are hardly going to quietly whisper “whoops!”.

Here is the full list of changes included with patch 1.12:

CAREERS:

• Changed Marksman’s scramble ability into an active ability– The marksman scramble ability now needs to be activated and deactivated via the d-pad, and has a cooldown period.
  • Increased tracking response for engineer turrets– The turn speed of turrets has been increased, allowing them to track players more easily.
  • Increased armor for engineer turrets (30%) – Turrets can still be destroyed by a single explosion from a grenade or missile launcher.

WEAPONS:

• Improved StA-2 Battle Pistol - Detonation time for the StA-2 Battle Pistol’s grenade is shorter, and the damage it deals is more severe.

MAPS:

• Added realtime projector to MP15 Radec Academy  – A realtime projector has been added to the theater room, projecting onto the large wall with two doors.

SOUND:

• Toned down overly enthusiastic death screams – Aieeeeaaargh!

MATCHES:

• Increased mission points in Warzone– There is more of an incentive to go after mission objectives now.
  • Doubled cooldown time on mortars– Cooldown time was increased from 30 to 60 seconds to avoid spamming the Search & Destroy mission area.
  • Fixed tournaments not ending as soon as one clan leaves.
  • Fixed clans being able to rejoin games that were already finished– Clans used these exploits to boost their game wins and climb the leaderboards.
  • Reduced wait time at end of the round– The wait time was brought down from 60 to 45 seconds.
  • Reduced pre-game wait time at end of the round – The wait time was brought down from 30 to 20 seconds.

INTERFACE:

• Added menu option to disable Sixaxis-only actions– Sixaxis-only actions can now be switched off in the menu, so players only have to press ‘O’ to start an action. This will make Killzone 3 more accessible to disabled players.
  • Added map name to spawn screen – The map name can be seen in the top left, under the titles.

Source: Killzone.com

1. Youles
    Since: Feb 2011

Great to see a Dev supporting their game heavily still

Comment posted on 05/09/2011 at 09:52.
  2. tonyyeb
    Since: Aug 2010

“I don’t think anyone is particularly enthusiastic about death, but if you have just been shot in the stomach, you are hardly going to quietly whisper “whoops!”” – If you are going to keep making funny remarks like this in news items, then I will have to stop reading TSA at work. It will get me into trouble! #Lol’dabittoomuch

Comment posted on 05/09/2011 at 09:53.
  3. aerobes

Having been playing this recently, I’m liking what I’m seeing. Great title and it’s good to see you back Tc. :)

Comment posted on 05/09/2011 at 10:02.
    • Tuffcub
      On the naughty step.

Thank you. I have a tan. This is unheard of, as an English ginge I’m either white or lobster red. I am veh chuffed.

Comment posted on 05/09/2011 at 10:47.
  4. SpikeyMikey23

I like the death screams. They always make me laugh! would be cool if they could add an option to change noises. Like pirate death screams! YAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHH!! ;)

Comment posted on 05/09/2011 at 10:30.
  5. R4U Eldave0
    andUandU

“Added menu option to disable Sixaxis-only actions– Sixaxis-only actions can now be switched off in the menu, so players only have to press ‘O’ to start an action. This will make Killzone 3 more accessible to disabled players.”

^^ I’m not disabled but I can assure you I will be activating this mode as soon as I download the patch. The six-axis bits are the one thing I hate about KZ3. lol.

Comment posted on 05/09/2011 at 10:37.
  6. Bilbo_bobbins

good to see them supporting the game and making it better, some of their ideas they brought into KZ3 were terrible. At least supporting it is helping those who play stay. I wish I still played it but it was too much change for me.

Comment posted on 05/09/2011 at 10:57.
  7. teflon
    Community Team

The Marksman tweak should’ve been patched in much sooner. Totally moved on from this, which is a shame, really. It just didn’t hold my attention.

Comment posted on 05/09/2011 at 11:10.
  8. job
    Since: Jun 2010

all worthwhile additions. popping my kz3 disc in now.

Comment posted on 05/09/2011 at 11:29.
  9. Jack6

I’ve just remembered I didn’t post in the Tweak It: Killzone 3 article.

This patch looks good, but the main problem in this game are the hateful TSPs and because of them, the massive spawncamping that matches become.

Comment posted on 05/09/2011 at 12:12.
    • Bilbo_bobbins

thats why I stop playing this, it just didn’t work. No one was going for objectives and just sat at them instead.

Comment posted on 05/09/2011 at 13:46.
  10. colmshan1990
    Since: Apr 2009

Must buy this again.
    I’d only just bought it when I traded it in for a DSi and Pokémon Black. (Couldn’t afford them otherwise)

Comment posted on 05/09/2011 at 13:09.