Hello there! I’m back after Teflon covered for me while I was away on holiday last week, so now’s the time to sit back and enjoy this week’s Community Round-Up!
Earlier on this week, we gave away a bunch of codes for both the PS3 and 360 Ghost Recon Future Soldier Betas, so well done to you if you managed to grab a code in time. If you did, keep an eye out in the Forums and the Meets if you feel like heading onto the future battlefield with some TSA’ers.
Tomlord hosts the TSA GT5 Monday Evening Meet, or TGMEM as he calls it, beginning at 7pm on Monday. Meanwhile theberzerka hosts Monday night’s SSX Meet starting at 8pm, as Death_in_flamez hosts the Whatever’s On Beta Meet, featuring the Ghost Recon beta as mentioned earlier.
And lastly Tuesday night sees the second DiRT 3 Meet hosted by MadJunkBoy beginning at 8pm.
Expect there to be some other meets popping up, like Medal of Honor, Battlefield 3, and Flamez’ PC meet. So keep an eye out for that, and remember, you can create your own Meet provided you have at least 250 TSA Points.
We’ve got just a handful of reviews for you this week; firstly, Jim looked at Rhythm Thief & The Emperor’s Treasure on the 3DS, giving it a 6/10, as friend of the site Tom Worthington gave Pandora’s Tower on the Wii at 7/10. Finally, Dan reviewed Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention for Vita, giving it an 8/10.
Preview wise, Dan took a look at Capcom’s newest action RPG, Dragon’s Dogma, and also did a flying lap with SBK Generations. Peter got stuck into DiRT Showdown, while Al went hands on with Resistance: Burning Skies on Vita. Also, remember that Parts 5, 6, and 7 of the popular F2P Feature were released this week, definitely worth catching up on if you haven’t already.
Looking at the Community articles now, let’s begin with Meet the Reader, featuring Heedbaw this week. Meanwhile in WeView this week, catch the verdict for Resistance 3, or leave your views for El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron. Blair introduces his new feature, Steamlog, where he plays through some of the old games in his vast Steam library, I’m sure there are lots of you like myself that pickup games dirt cheap in the sales and then never get round to playing them! In the wake of Crysis 3’s recent news, Tuffcub revisits Crysis 2 in Playback, while Greg delivers What We Played #49. Finally, we have this week’s Podcast for you to kick back and enjoy.
Let’s take a look at what’s been posted in the Forums, remember you need to be logged in to see General Chat.
- Hunterstryfe asks what your most valuable (and other) trophies are.
- Death_in_Flamez has started The Student Room.
- Footy fans get to discuss the best from the Premier League over the past 20 years in Youles’s thread.
- Cam needs some help in Demons Souls. Lets face it, he’s not the only one…
- And lastly, McProley has some good news he wants to share. Congratulations!
Last week Ratchet beat Joe Capelli 6 – 1, which means he enters the hall of fame with Optimus Prime. This week, Steve, the hero of Minecraft, takes on Pac Man, the yellowist ghost killer. So let’s take a look at their pros and cons, with thanks to Teflon for helping me out as usual!
- His crafting capabilities are vast, as is his building creativity.
- Can use diamond swords and armour, as well as enchanting those items.
- Is so strong, he can use his bear fists to chop down trees, grrr!
- Near-constantly needs food, or his health deteriorates.
- Often has bad luck when mining directly up or down.
- Attracts Creeperssssssss!
- Had its own top 10 single with “Pac-Man Fever” by Buckner & Garcia
- ‘Power pellets’ allow him to eat his enemies.
- Boasts the first ever cutscene in a video game, shown in-between levels.
- Addicted to those little white pills.
- Ms. Pacman is totally better than him.
- Did you know that the original name for Pac-Man was Puck-Man? You’d think it was because he looks like a hockey puck but it actually comes from the Japanese phrase ‘Paku-Paku,’ which means to flap one’s mouth open and closed. They changed it because they thought Puck-Man would be too easy to vandalize, you know, like people could just scratch off the P and turn it into an F or whatever. [Good quote - Ed]
That’s it for another week; I hope you enjoyed it and see you next time! Bye!
See, Kris? I don’t always forget to properly give Gazza the credit for these things!