Article written by teflon.
Published on 28/04/2012 at 12:00 PM.
Hello again! The last week flew by for me, which was great, although the crazy weather that could not make up its mind was a pain! Anyway, letās move onto this weekās Community Round-Up!
There are no new competitions this week, butĀ I can finally reveal the winners of the two Normandy replica models that we had as our Easter Egg Hunt prizes. Sorry it took so long to announce these two, but they were topgearsam and skyf1re, everyone else is simply out of luck!
Congratulations to the pair of them, and hopefully we can start bringing you all some more competitions in the coming weeks.
TSA Meets? Yes please! Well letās see what weāve got this week.
Monday night sees Death_in_flamez hosting the Whateverās On Beta Meet, featuring the Ghost Recon beta at 8pm, as theberzerka hosts a Meet without specifying which game heāll be playing, but Iāll take a guess and say itās Monday nightās usual SSX Meet starting at 8pm.
And lastly, Thursday night sees McProley host the Medal of Honour Meet at 8pm.
Of course, there’s one or two meets that won’t have been created yet, such as a Wipeout 2048 meet and Battlefield 3, so keep and eye out for those and remember that you can create your own Meet provided you have at least 250 TSA Points.
Last week on TSA saw a good number of reviews, and Iām sure thereās something for everyone here if they havenāt already read them all! Letās kick off with Trials Evolution, the brilliant XBLA exclusive, earning a 9/10 from Peter. Jim reviewed Silent Hill: Downpour, giving it a 6/10, while he also took a look at Uncharted 3ās Map Pack, awarding it 8/10. Peter also took a look at FIFA12ās disappointing UEFA Euro 2012 DLC, giving it a 5/10, while he also got a chance to test out Sonyās Playstation 3D TV.
Moving on from review we had some cracking Previews on TSA this week, and Tuffcub certainly has a hard life trying them all out for you! This week heās got his paws on Prototype 2, Game of Thrones, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, and Starhawkās single player campaign. Aran also sneaks in with his thoughts on the Ghost Recon: Future Solider Beta.
Looking at the Community articles now, first up is Meet the Reader, featuring theberzerka (and the Little Man) this week. Kris brings us the latest WeView articles, with the verdict for El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, or this weekās game, Syndicate. And last but not least, Greg has What We Played #50 for you to see what the teamās been up to this week.
Now weāre going to take a look in the forums, remember you need to be logged in to see General Chat.
- An-dz asks which characters would you like to see in the newly announced Playstation Allstars Battle Royal.
- Youles has started a discussion about The Walking Dead with Episode 1 appearing on PSN last week.
- Assemble here to discuss the new Avengers Assemble movie in Mickey2010ās thread.
- Tonyyeb has started his Top Gear style RallyCross journey with his brother.
- And lastly, Stevenās posted his first Skyrim fiction.
As always, I’ve only scratched the surface, so feel free to take a look for yourself and just get stuck in!
Last week Steve (from Minecraft) went head-to-head with Pac-man, it was very close, but the final score was 6 – 4 to Steve. This week saw the release of Prototype 2, so Iāve chosen Alex Mercer. Letās see who would come out on top, donāt forget to vote in the comments below!
- His crafting capabilities are vast, as is his building creativity.
- Can use diamond swords and armour, as well as enchanting those items.
- Is so strong, he can use his bear fists to chop down trees, grrr!
- Near-constantly needs food, or his health deteriorates.
- Often has bad luck when mining directly up or down.
- Attracts Creeperssssssss!
- Can shapeshift, which is totally badass.
- Absorbs the heath of his enemies.
- Can use āDevastatorsā, super-powerful attacks, such as āTendril Barrageā in which he fires impaling tendrils from his body in all directions.
- Has total memory loss of before he was infected.
- Regularly needs to top up biomass from people around him.
- Leather jacket and jeans? So last year…
Iām now going to run about TSA Towers screaming at Tef, āI donāt need you, lalalalala!ā as this was the first week in a while where I didnāt need his help in the Showdown (However Iām sure thereās a bunch of spelling mistakes in here that heās subtlety corrected before this was published!). Anyway, Iāll see you next week, bye!
This post was, quite implausibly, completely put together by Gazza… Apart from doing all the hyperlinks and banners. That was all me, Teflon.