Last night the Sony Santa Monica twitter feed posted ‘Ask us anything’ and replied to a number of questions, including dashing any hopes of God Of War cross play.
- Q: Are you creating a God of War for the PS Vita? And will it have a cross-platform mod to play on both PS3 and PS Vita ?
- A: We are not creating God of War: Ascension for Vita.
Note that Sony do not directly answer the question if they are making ‘A God Of War’ and only refer to Ascension. Sounds like there’ll be a Vita God Of War though, in some form.
What about a beta for the multi player portion of God of War: Ascension? A slightly weird answer from Sony but it makes a change from ‘We cannot comment.’
- Q: Will God of War Ascension multi player have a beta?
- A: Cannot engage this question currently.
Odd ball paint ’em up ‘The Unfinished Swan’ has also been denied a Vita version.
- Q: Do you have any in-house Vita projects in the works?
- A: The Unfinished Swan is being developed in-house, not Vita, but in-house nonetheless.
Obviously I jumped at this chance to quiz one of Sony’s top teams so dived in with an important question, a question that will probe Sony Santa Monica to their very core.
- Q: Is it true that Kratos likes knitting his own loincloths?
- A: Kratos does not knit.
I guess the chains would get in the way.