PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Goes Gold, Final Boss Shown

Familiar face?

Sony have announced that scrapper PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale has gone gold, meaning it’s ready, done, finished, and will be on the shelves pretty soon.

They’ve also shown off the game’s cinematic attract mode video, which – curiously – also shows the game’s end boss as part of the finale of the trailer – see if you can spot him below:

It’s a bit of blast from the past, but if your memory doesn’t stretch back that far, here’s a bit of a clue: he was behind SCEA’s original marketing push for the original PlayStation, way back in 1995, before being famously canned by the higher-ups. It’s good to see him back.

Cute, eh?

1. XisTG

Can’t help but feeling they should have put more characters from the start.

Comment posted on 08/11/2012 at 16:26.
  2. JohnnyBoy
    Since: Oct 2010

Surely ‘going gold’ means ready, done, finished and needs day one patch?

Comment posted on 08/11/2012 at 16:35.
  3. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

So the rumours turned out to be true, cool. Fancy trailer, but it would be more amusing if Sony took the less serious approach.

Comment posted on 08/11/2012 at 16:37.
  4. Bodachi
    Since: Jan 2010

So excited to get this in two weeks time. Probably the game I’ve been most looking forward to.

Comment posted on 08/11/2012 at 16:38.
  5. Taylor Made
    Since: Oct 2011

This trailer is freaking awesome, we best see this on tele.

Who was that the Helghan was shooting at before sackboy came out?

Comment posted on 08/11/2012 at 16:49.
  6. Forrest_01

The final boss mentioned (of which i will not mention the name) just reminds me of the film Lawnmower Man.

Comment posted on 08/11/2012 at 16:53.
  7. Tuffcub
    On the naughty step.

No idea who the boss is. but it should have been a GIANT ENEMY CRAB.

The trailer is fantastic, I was disspointed when I saw the game, I was hoping for something more along the lines of Street Fighter, not some silly button mashy bippity bop hippty skippty thing.

Comment posted on 08/11/2012 at 17:08.
    • Forrest_01

Agreed on the game – I approached not knowing too much about it & hoping it would be good, but it went from “ooh, might be interesting” to “BURN IT! BURN IT WITH FIRE!”.

Just a confusing mess of a game as far as i am concerned.

Comment posted on 08/11/2012 at 17:27.
    • 2ofclubs
      Since: Sep 2008

I guess they are aiming for the pick up and play accessibility which Street Fighter certainly isn’t. Basically what Smash Bros offered.

I still reckon it’s a right laugh online or with mates but then I suck at Tekken, Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom etc.

Comment posted on 08/11/2012 at 18:18.
  8. Dunks
    Since: Nov 2008

What’s the everyone’s general feeling on this game? Im still kinda un decided…

Comment posted on 08/11/2012 at 17:18.
  9. Gadbury
    Since: Jan 2009

I like the beta. Smash Bros. on PlayStation – good to me

Comment posted on 08/11/2012 at 19:55.
  10. Nate
    Since: Apr 2010

Personally I thought this was great fun. Played the beta with some mates and a few drinks and it was reminiscent of our Smash Bros days. It’s not quite as good though, which is a shame.

Comment posted on 08/11/2012 at 20:55.