PS4 Version Of Flower Running At 60fps With A 1080p Resolution

Go with the flow.

Flower on PS4 will run at 60 frames per second, with a resolution of 1080p. With the updated resolution and frame rate, it will be fantastic to see this game in its full HD glory, which was confirmed by a developer at Sony Santa Monica on twitter:

Hopefully this will become the norm for PS4 games, as it really can make the experience that much better. Tim also discusses the game’s “nice AA and extra grass detail” in another tweet, showing that it might have quite an overhaul on PS4.

Flower is also coming to the PS Vita, which should also be a great experience. Could other games – such as Journey, for example – make their way from the PS3 to Sony’s new system, or even their handheld? That would definitely be a great move.

Read more: # #
  1. Kovacs

Was a Flower port announced for the PS4? Would we be asked to purchase it again? (I would).

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 14:29.
    • Alex C
      One for all.

Yeah, it’s on the first list of PSN-download titles. It’s a new game, so will require a fresh purchase.

Original game ran at 720p.

Vita version is amazing, BTW.

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 14:33.
      • zb100

Mmmm. Will definitely be picking up a Vita/PS4 combo pack next year & I think Flower will be a first purchase for each.

Just picked up the Journey triple pack for my heavily pregnant sister to play both before and after wean #2 days Hello!

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 15:26.
    • TSBonyman

I’ll buy it again, both for Vita and PS4 – and if they did a 4K version in another few years time i’d buy that too.

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 19:32.
      • zb100

<3 x 100

Comment posted on 05/10/2013 at 10:52.
  2. flatspikes

Be nice to see, not sure if I can justify re-buying and re-spending twice again though…

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 14:30.
    • KeRaSh

It’s probably mainly for new customers and huge fans. I’d consider rebuying it if the PS4 version was a cross buy deal with the Vita version but otherwise I’ll just wait for it to appear on PS+.

Comment posted on 07/10/2013 at 08:39.
      • flatspikes

I agree I think a PS4 cross buy with Vita might just swing it for me. Here’s hoping for a digital foundry three way compare!

Comment posted on 07/10/2013 at 14:44.
  3. HunterGatherer
    Banned
    Since: Jul 2013

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 14:40.
    • bunimomike

What the average consumer will think of 720p compared to 1080p will be very interesting.

A) because they probably won’t care, and B) if you’re on a TV under 40″ (and a sensible distance away) then you usually can’t see the difference.

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 15:21.
      • HunterGatherer
        Banned
        Since: Jul 2013

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 15:46.
      • bunimomike

HG – I know loads of gamers who are still at home with their folks and, thus, don’t have the living-room-sized TVs that others might have.

Also, a wonderful looking 720p game with decent AA will still look utterly cracking on a 46″ set, for example. Anyway, my comment still stands about the obliviousness many an average gamer will have. They won’t be worried about stuff like this. They’ll be worried about it being a great game or not. GTA IV was a very good game on the PS3 and that wasn’t even 720p. Sure, it was no looker but it was still a great game. :-)

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 16:44.
      • ron_mcphatty
        Since: Sep 2008

My living room telly is only 40”, 1080 looks infinitely better than 720, and it’s not always about size :)

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 17:04.
      • Sitorimon
        Since: Jul 2011

RE: HunterGatherer – my tv is only 26″ :-( Now I feel poor and rubbish

Comment posted on 05/10/2013 at 01:35.
      • zb100

37″ 1080i only.

However I love going round to my parents’ gaff & using their 50″ 3d tv which (like playstation) “does everything”

Comment posted on 05/10/2013 at 10:54.
    • NOSAJ19
      Since: Sep 2009

Do you have a link to that comparison listing? I would quite like to see it. I like PS4 comparisons that show a massively higher quality than the Xbox One, because that is pretty much a true reflection.

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 15:27.
      • HunterGatherer
        Banned
        Since: Jul 2013

This comment is hidden.

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 15:44.
  4. double-o-dave
    Since: Nov 2008

Never played it but I’ll give it a go when I get my PS4 in 56 days. Thats if its released then.

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 15:22.
    • Amphlett

Woah, 56 days?! I’m getting really excited now. Come on end of November!

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 15:36.
      • Amphlett

I just swapped my PS4 pre-order to a nice shiny PS4 pre-order bundle thanks to Shopto. Just need BF4 on top of the bundle and my following week off work will be a very happy one.

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 15:56.
      • double-o-dave
        Since: Nov 2008

Same here but with Game. I’m deciding whether to buy BF4 for the PS3 and do the upgrade thing or just wait ’til the PS4 is released and be doubly excited to play it.
        The only dilemma is gonna be the controls and gameplay style jumping between that and KZ.

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 16:08.
      • double-o-dave
        Since: Nov 2008

We’ve seemed to have changed the pacifistic tranquil Flower thread into a Battlefield 4 thread.

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 16:13.
  5. afrogeez
    Since: Apr 2010

I hope it’s properly upgraded, all the textures etc, DTS MA would be good. Then I’d buy it again.

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 15:55.
  6. Kennykazey
    Since: Mar 2010

My only issue with the visuals on ps3 was the low res rocks. Hopefully they’ll have sorted those out.

Comment posted on 04/10/2013 at 18:06.