This weekend sees the start of one of my favourite sporting competitions: the Six Nations. Regardless of who you want to win, or not (still the best advert, in my opinion!), it’s always enjoyable and closely fought over, as was proved last night by Wales visiting France.
Also, with the freezing weather we’re having right now, I very much doubt I’ll be doing anything else today!
In the News This Week
- The Nintendo Switch Sold 32 Million Consoles By The End Of 2018
- Dragon Ball Game Project Z Announced
- Resident Evil 2 Shifts 3 Million Units, Free DLC Announced
- id Software’s Tim Willits Insists Rage 2 Isn’t Being Political
- Metro Exodus Is The Latest PC Game To Become Exclusive To The Epic Games Store
- A New Nintendo Switch Commercial Shows Final Fantasy VII Running On The Console
- Sony Are Bumping PlayStation Plus’ Cloud Storage Up To 100GB In February
- February’s PlayStation Plus Games Are For Honor And Hitman (And MGS4!)
- The February Xbox Games With Gold Have Been Revealed
Games in Review
- Wargroove – Switch, XBO, PC (PS4 coming soon) – 9/10
- Genesis Alpha One – PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10
- Unruly Heroes – PS4, Switch, XBO, PC – 7/10
- Shadows: Awakening – PS4, XBO, PC – 6/10
- 8-Bit Hordes – PS4, XBO, PC – 5/10
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey: Legacy Of The First Blade – Episodes 1 and 2 – PS4, XBO, PC – No Score
- The Grand Tour Game – PS4, XBO – No Score
- Assassin’s Creed Conspiracies – Comic Review
Reviewed platform in bold.
This Week’s Features
Moving on to the Features, Stefan kicked off the week with a look at DiRT Rally 2. He also spoke with Chief Game Designer Ross Gowing about the game, which is really striving to please the hardcore sim crowd as you can see below:
Elsewhere, he looked at Anthem, focusing on how the game can keep players engaged into the endgame, provided that BioWare manage to sort out all the issues before launch.
Finishing off the week, What We Played featured Resident Evil 2, Kingdom Hearts 3 & Wargroove.
It feels like we were a bit light on trailers this week, as you can see I’m slightly scraping the barrel here…
Time to see what the community have been playing this past week:
- Nothing much has changed for MrYd, who’s spent time with Firewall, AC Odyssey, and Pixel Ripped 1989.
- The Forest, Ultrawings, and Thumper kept TSBonyman occupied.
- Crazy_Del still can’t pull himself away from the Resident Evil 2 Remake, but after 8 playthroughs, he grabbed the platinum, and also the one for Tekken 7.
- And last up, Andrewww wasn’t that impressed with The Inpatient, but did enjoy revisiting Red Faction on PS2, and also played some Resident Evil HD to satisfy his need from the Resi 2 demo.
If you want to be included in this section, make sure to comment on What We Played of a Friday evening.
The Week Ahead
Quite a quiet week ahead of us for the releases:
- Evoland: Legendary Edition – PS4, Switch, XBO – 05/02, 06/02, 07/02 (respectively)
- 39 Days to Mars – PC, XBO – 06/02
- Riot: Civil Unrest – PS4, Switch – 07/02
Enjoy your weekends, stay warm, and I’ll see you again soon!