So, it’s finally here. A time of almost unprecedented change is upon us and nobody truly knows what the future holds.
I am, of course, talking about the start of the Six Nations! In the wake of the Rugby World Cup, will England feel any kind of hangover from their final defeat? Will Wayne Pivac be able to fill Warren Gatland’s humungous boots? Will Scotland and Italy be able to drag themselves out of the doldrums, and France’s youthful new look be able to recapture the gallic flair of old?
And, for you Americaphiles who like rugby, but want it to be extra silly, Sunday night will keep you up until 3AM watching the Super Bowl between the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers.
In the News This Week
- There won’t be a Nintendo Switch Pro coming out in 2020
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order sells 8m, new Star Wars game by 2022
- Plague Inc. tops the UK charts as the Coronavirus continues make headlines
- Patapon 2 Remastered announced and it is out now
- The Outer Worlds is coming to Nintendo Switch in March
- Torchlight Frontier morphs into Torchlight III, coming out this summer
- Blizzard is now claiming copyright over user made maps & mods
- Dirt Rally 2.0 Colin McRae: Flat Out DLC honours the rally legend in March
- Lair of the Clockwork God blends platforming with a point & click adventure in February
And the usual set of subscription service freebies for February:
- PlayStation Plus’ games are BioShock: The Collection, The Sims 4 and Firewall: Zero Hour for PSVR
- Games with Gold’s games are Call of Cthulhu, TT Isle of Man, Star Wars Battlefront & Fable Heroes
- Google Stadia Pro’s games are Gylt & Metro: Exodus
Games in Review
Sometimes it’s nice to be able to really take your time with a game, you know? That’s exactly what Jim did when taking an entire year to review Kingdom Hearts III. At least it allowed his thoughts on the game to mature like a fine wine, eh?
- Journey to the Savage Planet – PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10
- Stories Untold – Switch, PC – 8/10
- Kingdom Hearts III – PS4, XBO – 8/10
- Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Videogame 3 – PS4, XBO, PC – 6/10
- Golem – PSVR – 5/10
We had a good few previews this week, including a collective hands on impressions from the Disintegration technical beta that’s running this weekend. Is it the next big thing in gaming, or a load of floaty bobbins?
Miguel dove into the Temtem Early Access, giving us some early impressions from this MMO Pokémon wannabe, before I went all anime with hands on from One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows (and it’s absurdly good hero creator).
I also played a good bit of My Hero One’s Justice 2 finding a pretty straight up sequel to the 2018 anime fighter, and finally went off-road for some Overpass, which channels the spirit of Dirt Rally and MudRunner combined.
Finally, What We Played featured Patapon 2 Remastered, Judgment and Kentucky Route Zero.
A few of our regulars popped in to tell us about their week of gaming:
- Crazy_Del has been back on his PS3 for Lego Batman 3, completing the story and with plans to mop up all the collectibles and characters this weekend.
- TSBonyman felt that Shadow of the Tomb Raider was just starting to get good when it ended, but he’s missed most of the tombs. Will he go back for them? While he pondered this he played Alienation, jumped into Rollers of the Realm and survived his first night in Ark Survival.
- And Andrewww continued with his backlog by playing Dishonored on his PS3… before deciding to binge Agents of SHIELD instead of playing game. Oh, and he made his backlog even bigger by picking up The Division 2 and VR Worlds for a tenner in a sale.
That’s it for this week. Hope you have a fab weekend full of sports and gaming, and we’ll be back for another round up next Saturday.