The UK is set to take a battering this weekend thanks to the arrival of Storm Ciara, which at least the English are prepared for after last week’s Six Nations opener! Today sees a crunch match between Wales and Ireland, kicking off in just 15 minutes, followed by England taking on Scotland. I know exactly where I’m spending my Saturday: on the sofa!
Anyway, let’s get started with this week’s round-up!
In the News This Week
- Nvidia GeForce Now streaming service enters full launch with free and paid tiers
- Dan Houser, co-founder of Rockstar Games, is leaving the company
- Metro Exodus returns to Steam next weekend, Epic Games Store timed exclusivity ends
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake PS4 exclusivity extended
- The Outer Worlds Switch release delayed due to coronavirus outbreak
- Nintendo Switch maybe in short supply due to Coronavirus
- The official PlayStation 5 website is now live, is a reveal imminent?
- Below is heading to PS4, new Explore mode releasing free for all platforms
- Gears of War boss trades in his chainsaw gun to go oversee Diablo franchise
- PS Store’s Critics Choice sale now on, Death Stranding and FIFA 20 reduced
Games in Review
For our high scorer, Aran called it “a game that I’m still thinking about days after reaching its conclusion”, but did note the pacing might not be for everyone.
- Kentucky Route Zero – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 9/10
- Zombie Army 4: Dead War – PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10
- Patapon 2 Remastered – PS4 – 7/10
- Kunai – PS4, XBO, Switch, PC – 7/10
- Warcraft III: Reforged – PC – 6/10
- Bookbound Brigade – PS4, PC, Switch – 5/10
And from the hardware reviews:
Kicking off the previews, Stefan went hands on with Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, which has recently gone live on Kickstarter. Although there’s still a long way to go, Stefan said these early indications are encouraging.
Meanwhile, Jason looked at Nioh 2, which sounds like it’s going to be the perfect sequel for fans – and check out the video below to discover more.
Jim gave his take on what EA should do next with their Star Wars licence which still has 3 years left to run, and the belated What We Played featured Beat Saber, Kentucky Route Zero and Zombie Army 4: Dead War
What We Played only went live this morning (it missed its schedule last night!), so just a couple of you popped by to say what you’ve been up to:
- MrYd finished off Days Gone for the platinum, finding the initially terrifying hordes a bit less scary once you’ve got napalm! He also grabbed the third platinum of the Persona Dancing collection, before turning to Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, Battlefield V, the “VR chaos” of Honor & Duty: D-Day, and the “very silly and lots of fun” Journey to the Savage Planet. A lot of gaming!
- Andrewww is still working on his PS3 backlog, playing more of Dishonored. He was going to grab the sequel, but missed the sale by a couple hours. Ah well!
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend and I’ll be back soon!