It was a mere three weeks ago we were looking forward to the Australian Grand Prix and just four weeks since the last Six Nations game. With a lack of sport each weekend, I’m hoping the Virtual Grand Prix tomorrow will satisfy my appetite. We’ll see!
On the plus side, there’s still a load of great games coming out right now – is there anything you’re picking up?
In the News This Week
Here’s the biggest headlines of the week:
- Report: Nintendo to release 3D Super Mario remasters & new Paper Mario for Super Mario Bros. 35th anniversary
- Mortal Shell is a “ruthless” action-RPG heading to PS4, Xbox One, and PC
- Rogue Legacy 2 has been announced, and it’s coming out this summer
- Surprise! Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered officially announced, and it’s out now for PS4
- Sea of Thieves is setting sail for Steam sometime soon
- The Last of Us Part II and Marvel’s Iron Man VR delayed indefinitely due to COVID-19
- The Uncharted movie will now hit cinemas October 2021
- The second F1 Esports Virtual Grand Prix is taking place on Sunday, featuring five actual F1 drivers
- Skater XL will stick the landing on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC in July
And with the start of the new month, there’s also a selection of free games being thrown in with PS+ and Xbox Live.
- April’s Games with Gold include Project Cars 2 and Fable Anniversary
- April’s PlayStation Plus games have been revealed as Uncharted 4 and Dirt Rally 2.0
Games in Review
It was a super busy week for the reviews, check them all out here.
- Resident Evil 3 – PS4, XBO, PC – 9/10
- Paper Beast – PSVR – 9/10
- Resident Evil Resistance – PS4, XBO, PC – 8/10 (RE3 multiplayer component)
- Bleeding Edge – XBO, PC – 7/10
- The Complex – PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 7/10
- Lost Words: Beyond the Page – Stadia, PS4, XBO, PC, Switch – 7/10
- Murder By Numbers – PC, Switch – 7/10
- Simulacra 2 – PC, Android, iOS – 7/10
- Memories of Mars – PS4, XBO, PC – 5/10
And we had a couple of hardware reviews:
Teflon brought us the sole preview of the week, which was for the Archaeology skill update for RuneScape. Here, players will be able to dig to uncover the history behind the Elder Gods through artefacts and materials.
He also returned to Zombie Army Trilogy as it’s now out for Nintendo Switch, and while a solid port he came away with mixed feelings over returning to simpler times for co-op zombie sniping. Zombie Army 4 just pushed the series gameplay forward so much!
Meanwhile, Jim played Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord as it entered into Early Access on PC. Is this the sequel that fans of the series have been waiting for?
Other than that, What We Played featured Resident Evil 3, Mount & Blade II & Animal Crossing.
Our usual readers popped by to share what they’ve been up to this week:
- Crazy_Del hit trophy level 70 thanks to the platinum for Two Worlds II, and although he’s completed it three times already, the Resident Evil 3 remake hasn’t lived up to his expectations.
- MrYd continued to steam through his backlog, dabbling in Sonic, Uncharted 2, the original Doom, as well as having mixed thoughts on Control.
- Andrewww played more of The Division 2, and has decided to specialise in the sharpshooter class.
- Also clearing through his PSVR backlog was TSBonyman, who played the Last Labyrinth, Solus Project, and suffered a few painful mishaps in Spiderman Far From Home!
- And last up, ron_mcphatty enjoyed Jedi Fallen Order and Life is Strange.
Have a good week staying at home, and I’ll see you again soon!