As May comes to a close, I’m sure that a lot of you are buzzing about the start of June. Sony are ramping up towards their PS5 reveal that will take place on Thursday 4th June at 9PM BST. The big question is what will the reveal entail? Will we get to see the console? How much next-gen gameplay will we get to see? Will there be a launch date and price?
We’ll have to wait until Thursday to get these answers, so in the mean time, let’s recap this past week.
In the News This Week
- The PlayStation 5 reveal event is coming on 4th June – confirmed for global launch this holiday
- Xbox Series X can add HDR and 120fps support to games through backward compatibility
- The Last of Us Part 2 State of Play shows off loads of new gameplay
- F1 2020 Hanoi Street Circuit revealed – watch some hot laps from the Vietnam GP
- Square Enix reveal Outriders gameplay and World Tiers difficulty system
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla won’t have loot boxes or random gear
- Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One announced for PC, PS5, Xbox Series X, and current gen
- The Sonic the Hedgehog movie is getting a sequel
- Formula E driver suspended by Audi, following esports cheating
And there’s a bunch of gaming freebies that got announced as well:
- June’s Games with Gold include Destroy All Humans! & Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse
- Call of Duty: WWII and Star Wars Battlefront II are the PlayStation Plus game for June
- Stadia Pro brings six free games this June, including Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Elder Scrolls Online
- Get Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for free on the Epic Games Store this week
Speaking of freebies, we’ve got not one, but two giveaways on the site this weekend!
If you’re looking to up your game on PlayStation 4, you can put your name in the hat to win a PS4 Nacon Revolution Unlimited Pro Controller. Hope you like an asymmetrical layout!
And we’ve got a thousand codes for the KartRider: Drift beta on Xbox One and PC. This kart racer is shaping up to be a great alternative to Crash Team Racing or Mario Kart 8, so why not give it a quick try?
Games in Review
There were quite a mix of games in the review pool this week:
- Dungeon of the Endless – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC, Android, iOS – 9/10
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition – NSW – 9/10
- Minecraft Dungeons – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- Them’s Fightin’ Herds – PC – 8/10
- KartRider Rush+ – Android, iOS – 8/10
- Golf With Your Friends – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 6/10
- Control – The Foundation DLC – PS4, XBO, PC – DLC, No Score
And just a sole hardware review this week:
- Sades Armor Gaming Headset – 8/10
From the previews, Adrian kicked things off with a look at Inkulinati, which he described as “without doubt one of the most vibrant, energetic and enjoyable turn based strategy games I’ve ever played”. He also had a look at Embr, a cartoon fire-fighting game to enjoy with your friends.
Tef took to the track with the “compelling, albeit minimalist” Trackmania franchise reboot, before putting in some hot laps round F1 2020’s Hanoi circuit. It’s pretty clear to see why he’s typically found behind a keyboard and not a race car wheel…
Finally, What We Played featured Xenoblade Chronicles, Civilization VI & Golf With Friends.
- Only TSBonyman popped in to the WWP comments this week, sharing his adventures in Dead Space and Journey to the Savage Planet. Oh, and he also picked up DOOM VFR but hasn’t had a chance to give it a go yet.
Have a good weekend, and I’ll see you in June. Bye!